Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Price of certification in Australia... Wtf??

But then how will they define populous areas? Major cities? Large suburbs?

There really doesn't sound like there will be any change to the existing rules, in which many hobbyists fly in these populous areas and readily post the footage to online media without a care in the world or any repercussion from CASA. I don't see this changing for people wanting to take real estate photos is busy areas, especially considering they are publically relaxing the laws even further.

All grey areas, I guess we will find out soon enough.

As a Hobbyist these new rules are good for me. I can't currently sell any image taken for Commercial gain. At least now I will be able to market my images when the rules change.

Will rule changes introduce cowboys to the Game of Drones you bet it will... Good luck to them I saw no Licence and having an accident that involves injury or property damage will end their financial future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Hargreaves
But then how will they define populous areas? Major cities? Large suburbs?

The issue for RE photography, if and when CASA release CASR102, will be the 30m rule for <2kg unlicensed commercial operation.

For most suburban situations, that will be enough to preclude non-licenced operators from jumping on the RE bandwagon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla