Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problem after update Firmware v1.2.0.17

Agreed on displaying the version but if you have the ability to change a tire then you should be able to upgrade the firmware.. So simple..

I disagree, yeah in theory it seems easy enough and believe me I can follow instructions (even though the instructions keep changing and aren't exact) but the fact remains, plenty of people who also can follow instructions and probably change a tire have done this update and many have reported issue with it not working properly. Face it. DJI needs to make this process better and the programming needs to be better as well, so all these issues don't continue to arise...!
My $0.02

and also simpler to read and pull up current firmware versions...!

But it already is as simple as it gets! There's an app, that app checks all versions and either tells you "up to date" or "update available". You and many others are just way overthinking this by wanting to check it manually and wondering why it's difficult... It's something you're not supposed to need to do.

DJI needs to make this process better and the programming needs to be better as well, so all these issues don't continue to arise...!

You're basically hoiding the most complex "consumer" RC aircraft ever made. No doubt it will be better on the Inspire 3 or 4... but for now this level of integration is unprecedented and there is still a lot to learn.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hi,
I have done the Firmware v1.2.0.17 update today.
After copyed the BIN file in the micro SD card, connected camera to the drone, the remote control and apps ON, the update started without asking me nothing. After 1 hour the drone was still updating so I decided to OFF the drone.
After that I put a USB key on the Master and Slave remote controls, the update works fine in the Slave but didn´t achieve in the Master.
Now the master can't connect to the drone and I'm not sure that the update of the Inspire 1 is correct.
I would like to know if there is a way to hard reset the remote control and the drone.
Thanks in advance,
Olivier.

Olivier

Not sure if you solved this yet, but I had the exact same issue and tech support live chat was able to give me a file that worked like a charm on the first try.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/solved-could-upgrade-ac-but-not-tx.1548/

AlexanderAF!
Is it possible to get The file you are speaking about? I cannot complete The update process on my AC.
Thanx in advance!
Mathias

AlexanderAF!
Is it possible to get The file you are speaking about? I cannot complete The update process on my AC.
Thanx in advance!
Mathias

After talking with DJI support they gave me that file too, but the file is only for RC update errors.
Unfortunately my update problem was in the Aircraft and that file does not work on it.

I attached my hidden TXT file, maybe someone already found the solution?

Luis.

Attachments

• WM610_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 18
I endured the same problems. BTW the link button is on the right side of the drone behind the nose. Prior to pressing this button you all need to do proper firmware updates.
be;ow are the important steps and the mistakes I made

1) download the firmware update to your computer.
only put the bin file on the stick and if you have on a usb stick. ALL OTHER files you must delete from the micro sd and from usb stick
(if you have tried this, the device, rc or drone will put info on the stick or sd card which will prevent you from successfully updating the firm ware

2) put the usb stick with only the extracted bin file in the remote control and turn it on. wait for magic to happen

3)put the micro sd card with only the extracted bin file in the drone, turn it on and wait. keep in mind that perhaps the firmware is already on the drone. wait 2 minutes unless you hear activity . take the micro sd card out and put it in your pc (via docking stick) this stick will have a message if you have successfully transferred the latest firmware on the drone

4) open the dji pilot app once you have linked you mobile device to the remote control. GO TO RC SETTING and LOOK FOR THE BUTTON LINK WITH DRONE !!!!!!!!!!!

5) now you have 1 minute to push the red button on your drone which is somewhat hidden

Good Luck from Holland !!

Reactions: Luis Galvez
4) open the dji pilot app once you have linked you mobile device to the remote control. GO TO RC SETTING and LOOK FOR THE BUTTON LINK WITH DRONE

This is where I get stuck. Using a Samsung Galaxy S5, DJI Pilot App v1.0.7. Cannot find the 'Link With Drone' anywhere!

Edit:
My controller is also in OFF mode and I cannot get it to go into Master or Slave, this may have something to do with it?

Last edited:
I seem unable to get it into Master mode. Appears to be stuck in OFF.

Also, will not bind, can start the sequence, usually hear beeping however not in this case.

Seems pretty bricked. Wont recognise any USB sticks for Firmware update or anything either.

Reactions: Joey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido