Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problem updating controller

Reaction score
I just updated my quad with the new firmware update with easy success, however, when I put the bin file onto a flash drive and tried to update my controller, it didn't do anything when I turned the controller on. Does anyone have an idea of what I could be doing wrong? Thanks.

Last edited:
RC is updated via app.
Have ac off, update app to latest 2.7.1 version, plug in RC to devise and start go app.
When it connects s up there will a prompt to download RC FW, accept and after it downloads it it will update RC controller.

Do Not turn off RC until FW install completed. Should take less than 10 mins in my experience.

Last edited:
I updated the Go App and then turned my controller on followed by opening the Go app. It did not ask about a download. Do I turn my quad on as well?

I updated the Go App and then turned my controller on followed by opening the Go app. It did not ask about a download. Do I turn my quad on as well?

I am having the exact same issue. Trying to update my X5. Firmware name: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin

The AC seemed to update fine. The RC did not update when I used a flash drive with firmware connected to the RC. So I confirmed that my GoApp is current...turned on the RC...I get no prompt to upgrade firmware for the RC. I just get a disconneted signal at the top of the screen...because my AC is off.

When I turn the AC on, I get a red flashing light saying the RC signal is lost.

Not sure what to do?

I connected the RC directly to my X5 camera and nothing happened updating the RC

I am having the exact same issue. Trying to update my X5. Firmware name: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin

The AC seemed to update fine. The RC did not update when I used a flash drive with firmware connected to the RC. So I confirmed that my GoApp is current...turned on the RC...I get no prompt to upgrade firmware for the RC. I just get a disconneted signal at the top of the screen...because my AC is off.

When I turn the AC on, I get a red flashing light saying the RC signal is lost.

Not sure what to do?

I connected the RC directly to my X5 camera and nothing happened updating the RC
First, it is no longer possible to update the RC using the USB port. An RC update is detected, downloaded and installed using the app.

See News Thread on 1.8.1.0 update and fix for RC. With the App and RC connected, press and hold Academy (Teacher's Hat) icon (top right for 10 secs) and screen will pop up showing you the installed RC firmware version allowing you to downgrade it.

First, it is no longer possible to update the RC using the USB port. An RC update is detected, downloaded and installed using the app.

See News Thread on 1.8.1.0 update and fix for RC. With the App and RC connected, press and hold Academy (Teacher's Hat) icon (top right for 10 secs) and screen will pop up showing you the installed RC firmware version allowing you to downgrade it.

Scott... I will give this a try. Thank you very much.

I was trying to downgrade to the last firmware because I made the mistake of loading the RC first and not the aircraft won't go out of travel mode. But when I tried to downgrade by holding the academy cap It just says no downgrade available and doesn't show the version in the controller either.

This is the only recent (2016) thread I can relate my issues to. I have owned my Inspire for two weeks... flown it once. Out of the box the drone flew well and was very responsive (zero lag). The first problem I encountered was the camera footage would periodically shake/vibrate, making it unusable. The video would go from clear and wonderful to vibrating. DJI support told me to try a laundry list of things - from calibrating gimbal, IMU, RC, etc... to installing firmware upgrades. Now the drone has become completely unresponsive. It will power on, camera spins and initializes then I get the steady blinking yellow light and zilch. nada. nuthin. the controller will not communicate with it. Has anyone else had similar issues? Advice?

Not sure If you emailed support or called them. Email Support has never been able to help me . I called service dept. Chances are they will tell you to send it in. Free Shipping Both Ways.

+1 (818) 235 0789 DJI Carson California

Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)

Not sure If you emailed support or called them. Email Support has never been able to help me . I called service dept. Chances are they will tell you to send it in. Free Shipping Both Ways.

+1 (818) 235 0789 DJI Carson California

Thank you for the help. I have been emailing them so they are sporadic to reply. It sux I have had this unit for 2 weeks - flown it once - and it already needs to be shipped back for service. jsmh

This is the only recent (2016) thread I can relate my issues to. I have owned my Inspire for two weeks... flown it once. Out of the box the drone flew well and was very responsive (zero lag). The first problem I encountered was the camera footage would periodically shake/vibrate, making it unusable. The video would go from clear and wonderful to vibrating. DJI support told me to try a laundry list of things - from calibrating gimbal, IMU, RC, etc... to installing firmware upgrades. Now the drone has become completely unresponsive. It will power on, camera spins and initializes then I get the steady blinking yellow light and zilch. nada. nuthin. the controller will not communicate with it. Has anyone else had similar issues? Advice?
What FW version is the craft and controller on ?

Can you post the hidden log file from the craft update located in the MISC\LOG\ folder on the SD card

You will need to enable view hidden files on your computer to see this.

Reactions: The Editor
What FW version is the craft and controller on ?

Can you post the hidden log file from the craft update located in the MISC\LOG\ folder on the SD card

You will need to enable view hidden files on your computer to see this.

Attached is the .txt file from the LOG folder - cannot upload the OSMO_FW_Progress file, or the OSMO_cam_version file. But here is what each reads:
Last login: Tue Apr 19 22:42:14 on ttys000

Marketing-MacBook-Pro:~ mattjenkins$ /Volumes/Untitled/MISC/LOG/OSMO_FW_PROGRESS ; exit;

-bash: /Volumes/Untitled/MISC/LOG/OSMO_FW_PROGRESS: cannot execute binary file

logout

[Process completed]

Cam_Version:
Last login: Tue Apr 19 22:42:48 on ttys000

Marketing-MacBook-Pro:~ mattjenkins$ /Volumes/Untitled/MISC/LOG/OSMO_CAM_VERSION ; exit;

/Volumes/Untitled/MISC/LOG/OSMO_CAM_VERSION: line 1: ?A??: command not found

logout

[Process completed]

Attachments

• WM610_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
Attached is the .txt file from the LOG folder - cannot upload the OSMO_FW_Progress file, or the OSMO_cam_version file. But here is what each reads:
Last login: Tue Apr 19 22:42:14 on ttys000

Marketing-MacBook-Pro:~ mattjenkins$ /Volumes/Untitled/MISC/LOG/OSMO_FW_PROGRESS ; exit;

-bash: /Volumes/Untitled/MISC/LOG/OSMO_FW_PROGRESS: cannot execute binary file

logout

[Process completed]

Cam_Version:
Last login: Tue Apr 19 22:42:48 on ttys000

Marketing-MacBook-Pro:~ mattjenkins$ /Volumes/Untitled/MISC/LOG/OSMO_CAM_VERSION ; exit;

/Volumes/Untitled/MISC/LOG/OSMO_CAM_VERSION: line 1: ?A??: command not found

logout

[Process completed]

Bad news you have the 08/15 module missing error, this is something that seems to happen randomly with FW updates.

Only solution is to send into DJI for repair sadly, contact them and open a ticket.

Sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips