Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with brand new x3 camera

Reaction score
I'm having problems updating my inspire.
Backstory: I crashed it a couple of months ago, slightly bent the gimbal. Been flying with no problems since. My friends dad decided that he would try to bend my gimbal back. Well he snapped it in half. So he ordered me a brand new x3 camera. I was getting no picture on my screen with the new camera, but I have full control over movement.
I decided I would update my firmware in case the camera and drone were on different firmwares.
When I try to update my firmware, this happens, it makes the d-d-d-d sound like it's supposed to, for like 10-20 seconds. Then starts making a constant low volume beep.

Sorry my dog was being an idiot in the background.

Any help is greatly appreciated

So far I have tried
-formatting the ad card
-bin file in the root of my sd card
-loosening and retightning the screws holding the board down on the camera
-Cleaning all contacts with alcohol
-called Dji, said it may be a faulty camera but they want me to send it in for service
-remote updated to latest firmware
-attempted an older firmware, same issue

Check your hidden logs for more info. Also make sure that your RC and AC are on compatible firmware along with your Go App. Best way to do that is to update everything.

What does the txt file say when you open it off the SD card? There should be one text file in the main folder of the x3 telling you what the status of the update was

Check your hidden logs for more info. Also make sure that your RC and AC are on compatible firmware along with your Go App. Best way to do that is to update everything.

What does the txt file say when you open it off the SD card? There should be one text file in the main folder of the x3 telling you what the status of the update was
The RC updated and is now on the new firmware, but I can't get the aircraft to update.
And the txt file says failed. But I'll get a screen shot of the exact log tomorrow

I'm going to test out a known good camera and I'm also going to test my camera on another inspire to see what it does. That would at least confirm that the camera is in fact bad

I checked pins, they all look perfectly straight.
heres everything I'm getting on my sd card, including hidden files.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 6.10.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 6.10.28 PM.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 6.10.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 6.10.58 PM.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 6.15.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 6.15.59 PM.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
Go into the MISC folder and there should be a LOG folder I believe. In there there should be another file
I'll do that today after work, I had already erased everything on the card and the misc folder wouldn't open.

Here's what I'm getting on my iPad

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207