Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

I have no idea, I just received the shipping notice today.
Got my V3's... they are obviously different, the white props have a 2 stamp, and the material is obviously better made. Although I won't be going back to them, using CF forevah....

I have to go test it out but, after a few flights my red props have started to rattling, I have not test it yet in the air but I did get it to stop while testing on the ground. If you take a small piece of electrical tape, and lay it across the middle of the prop mount on the motor, it will create some tightness, in my case with a little push the pops will go on snug and lock.

As I turn it as before I am getting no noise from the looseness that was present before. Like said I have not flowing it to see if this will return after some flights, I plan on doing it over the next few days but for what I can see it creating a nice snug fit for the time.

attached is an image of what I am talking about

gRyj8EqhB5zrP1pKSi2TgEQ6qn6QjXrf4ktqzffzJE0

best

Last edited:
I just bought new prop hubs at an austrian dealer, they are now marked as cw 2 and ccw 2...the red props fit much better now
my complaint about the prop hub to them only resulted that they were telling me of doing videos of the problem with running props on!!...what a joke

DJI quietly changes critical hardware (props and hubs now) without letting all customers know...on something as critical as a prop mount this is not acceptable

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
I just bought new prop hubs at an austrian dealer, they are now marked as cw 2 and ccw 2...the red props fit much better now
my complaint about the prop hub to them only resulted that they were telling me of doing videos of the problem with running props on!!...what a joke

DJI quietly changes critical hardware (props and hubs now) without letting all customers know...on something as critical as a prop mount this is not acceptable
It's economic terrorism.... plain and simple.

Reactions: Phatzo
Lol..... what a joke .... I changed my mounts out.... 11 flights..... no rattle[emoji851] / both types of props too.......with and without foam ..... no problems

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Where can I get replacement mounts. I have the rattle as well and am getting nothing from DJI in the way of acknowledgment that there is even an issue. Not going to put that much $$ in the air until I have confidence it's not going to crash on it's own.

Assuming you had to replace the mounts as well? Can you share a link to both props and mounts?

These are the mounts and the props. I have a number of flights now with both and they are terrific. They are as quick to mount and remove as the stock DJI props after initial setup. Just spin them on or off.

AmazingTech Aliminum Aadapter Quick Release Holder for DJI Inpsire 1 CW/CCW 2-Pairs $39.02 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com
Amazon.com: T-MOTOR 15x5 Carbon Fiber Props for Multi-Rotor Aircraft (1 pair): Toys & Games

It's a cold, rainy day here today so I decided to do some indoor experimenting with my I2. I ordered a set of the above CF props and Amazing Tech adapters. In prep for that I decided to remove all 8 screws holding the stock DJI quick release prop mounts. Got 7 of the 8 screws out ok with a bit of work and being careful to not damage the screw Torx heads. However, the last one (isn't that always the case!) must have had more thread locker applied at the factory and I damaged the screw head beyond use (FUBAR!). Not to be detured, I carefully cut off the plastic prop holder with my trusty Dremmel tool. Had to work very carefully so as not to damage the motor or get bits of plastic in side the motor. After removing the plastic prop holder I was able to remove the stubborn screw with a small vice grips pliers. I small piece of plastic chip did get into the motor but I was able to remove it with some air pressure from a compressor. I reinstalled a new prop holder and new Torx screws. Using an optical RPM gauge I measured the RPM of all 4 motors. Max RPM on all motors with out props was approx 9400-9600 RPM. All is good and now waiting for the CF props and adapters to arrive and then flight test!

Hope this info helps others doing the change out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo