Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

Tried this 'superglue' fix today and it worked a treat. DJI wanted me to send the props back for replacement, but then I'd be without my Inspire while I waited on a replacement so thanks for posting.
I did notice today, however that now one of my WHITE props is a small bit loose. Although I can fix using the superglue method, it's a bit worrying only after a few hours flight time.

Reactions: PilotRyan
Tried this 'superglue' fix today and it worked a treat. DJI wanted me to send the props back for replacement, but then I'd be without my Inspire while I waited on a replacement so thanks for posting.
I did notice today, however that now one of my WHITE props is a small bit loose. Although I can fix using the superglue method, it's a bit worrying only after a few hours flight time.

No problem, glad I was able to help. Although I did not mention it in the video I actually did the superglue fix on all the props, but for the white ones I put a very thin layer.

I'm not a fan of this particular 'quick mount' solution on the In2 myself. There is an inherent flaw when you have a locking mechanism that rotates in the same direction as the spin of the props. Other than that, the In2 is a beautiful machine.

Going back to a question I asked earlier...is this problem endemic to the 95-100% of the I2s? Or are we dealing with 50%, 10%? How about this question, are there any owners that don't have this problem? It has a smell of a class action. I get that everyone enjoys the flight and camera capabilities, but sheesh that's a lot of $$ to have rattling props, one of the most critical pieces of the system. No one would accept this if it were manned flight.

Going back to a question I asked earlier...is this problem endemic to the 95-100% of the I2s? Or are we dealing with 50%, 10%? How about this question, are there any owners that don't have this problem? It has a smell of a class action. I get that everyone enjoys the flight and camera capabilities, but sheesh that's a lot of $$ to have rattling props, one of the most critical pieces of the system. No one would accept this if it were manned flight.

My guess would be that anyone (90-97 %) that has an I2 with the first 1-3 version props and has at least five hours on it will have the loose and rattling props. Class action suit, I don't think will happen because there has not been any failures yet and might not happen. I received replacements that were no better than the originals as I could not get 2 of them to fit on the hubs. This is not manned flight and does not have to meet the certification of equipment that manned flight has to. That being said the quality of the props, no I correct myself as there is no quality of the props for the Inspire 2 is so irresponsible for DJI to put out there after all the Inspire 1 prop issues is incomprehensible.

My guess would be that anyone (90-97 %) that has an I2 with the first 1-3 version props and has at least five hours on it will have the loose and rattling props. Class action suit, I don't think will happen because there has not been any failures yet and might not happen. I received replacements that were no better than the originals as I could not get 2 of them to fit on the hubs. This is not manned flight and does not have to meet the certification of equipment that manned flight has to. That being said the quality of the props, no I correct myself as there is no quality of the props for the Inspire 2 is so irresponsible for DJI to put out there after all the Inspire 1 prop issues is incomprehensible.

Agreed. Not manned flight, I recognize that, but my concern is that slowly this issue will result in wear to the mounts, motors, and ultimately esc's; and thus eventually an aircraft failure that could result in injury to those below. The craft flies fast and has some mass. It just sounds like a dangerous situation and, as you said, irresponsible and incomprehensible.

Reactions: SanCap
I would say, 100% have the rattling problem in my opinion, some are really annoying about, and some (like me) don't really pay too much attention on that. When I got my I2 there was no rattling problems, after 5 flights hours, I joined the rattle club, but I keep on flying with no issues, my concept is, ones the rotor is under load, the stress makes clear the gap between the plate hub and props. I absolutely agree that the rattling is a DJI's manufacturer fault, but it's still not a big issue.
I love the CF props, specially the folding ones, that 's why I ordered them, for the solid state, salience and stability.

Reactions: SanCap
Agreed. Not manned flight, I recognize that, but my concern is that slowly this issue will result in wear to the mounts, motors, and ultimately esc's; and thus eventually an aircraft failure that could result in injury to those below. The craft flies fast and has some mass. It just sounds like a dangerous situation and, as you said, irresponsible and incomprehensible.

I now have over 100 flights and 13 hours on the T-Motor props and will continue to use them.

I feel lucky- I never had the red prop problem. Didn't know what was being talked about but have been ready for the many posted solutions. Thank you all!

I probably had abt 25+ hrs on them. BUT - I have switched to some CF props and had about 7 hours on them. Lucky bird I guess.

I feel lucky- I never had the red prop problem. Didn't know what was being talked about but have been ready for the many posted solutions. Thank you all!

I probably had abt 25+ hrs on them. BUT - I have switched to some CF props and had about 7 hours on them. Lucky bird I guess.

How long have you had the drone? Newer batch perhaps.

How long have you had the drone? Newer batch perhaps.

We've seen a pretty significant number of early I2 owners that have never seen the red prop issue. On my own I2 unit which I also got shortly after Christmas I have never had a red prop issue with 20+ flight hours. It does seem that there was a batch of units around that time that did not have red prop issues which is quite odd.

I will also say that we are hearing very little about the rep prop issues any more. Seems that the newer prop versions are getting into I2 owners' hands and have resolved the issue...for now :)

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
We've seen a pretty significant number of early I2 owners that have never seen the red prop issue. On my own I2 unit which I also got shortly after Christmas I have never had a red prop issue with 20+ flight hours. It does seem that there was a batch of units around that time that did not have red prop issues which is quite odd.

I will also say that we are hearing very little about the rep prop issues any more. Seems that the newer prop versions are getting into I2 owners' hands and have resolved the issue...for now :)

That's very interesting to know. I saw a video on Youtube regarding the Mavic first batch being the best assembled because they had time, when DJI got more orders than they can handle they started carelessly throwing together the drone to meet demands. But I doubt the i2 is as popular as the mavic so I'm not sure about that theory.

In regards to the DJI's red prop 'fix', I highlighted in my superglue mod that it's only masking the sound and not a true fix. Whatever makes people happy I guess. I think you're right, we'll have to wait ...for now.

So other than 200$ for a set of propellers is there any other way to get my I2 working again? Did DJi release new props?

I mentioned in an earlier post that here in New Zealand the shop I purchased my IP2 from replaced my 3 full sets of props for free after videoing the noise two of my motors made when manually rotated. The video was sent to DJI and they sent replacement blades at no cost. Not sure if this will help you but may be an option.

And yes the new props have foam in them

FYI:
Ordered an I2 last Thurs (May 11,2017) direct from DJI web site
Received it yesterday (May 17,2017) (in Canada)(so shipped from the States)
I2 came with 2 sets (8) props
And I bought an extra 2 sets

The set I have opened so far (included with the I2) do not have any sort of revision number stamped on them. And no foam.

1 white prop, nice and tight
2nd white prop, tight, but little bit of wobble (finger pressure)
1st red prop, lots of play
2nd red prop in between the 2nd white and 1st red, wobble, but not much (yet)

So disappointed in DJI over this.
I was chatting with DJI last week as I was placing my order, I brought up the Red Prop issue, and as others have said, the first reply from DJI was "what Red Prop issue?"
Then she said, oh, that yes we have it fixed now, no worries.

Have some pretty gusty winds yesterday and today, so limited my play time to 1 short flight so far. No noise that I could detect (coming from lots of experience with an I1)

Where can I get V3 Props? I have to film big parade in less than a month and having wobbly props over about 10K People Is NOT how I wanna do this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah