Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

I received my I2 last week and never been fly since I have the same props rattling issue.
I can confirm the 8 props (4 red 4 white) that come with my pack, all of them have foam, and 3 of them have digit "2" under it (2 white 1 red). Here are some photo about my digit2 props. And also a quick video showing the rattling on both foamed and digit2 version.

IMG_20170512_231242.jpg IMG_20170512_231250.jpg IMG_20170512_231430.jpg IMG_20170512_231445.jpg

Here are the brand new motor and props rattling

Compare between the digit2 and simple foamed props (start from 3:30)

I have a fix for the Inspire 1 red prop blade lock problem. Where the red props rock in the new blade locking holders. Sand the bottom of the center black piece of the RED blade lock kit set (not the white set). Go very slowly with the sanding rechecking for a tight fit between the plastic blade lock parts (taking it on and off the motor) once you have this done there should be no play between the blade lock parts. Then take the red props and use CA+ putting a thin layer on the bottom outer circle part of the prop that touches to the blade/prop locks. Once the CA+ is dry lightly sand the CA+ until the red props fit as tight as the with ones. This a permanent fix, I have used it for a while and the Inspire is locked in great, maybe better than when I took it out of the box new.

Have a good one.

Let's get flying, if anything is going to happen it will happen up there.

After near a month of waiting, I get the propeller from DJI europe. However they are just send me the same "early foamed version" props. I contact DJI europe and get the feedback "the rattling is normal and won't affect any flight behaviour"

Very disappoint with their service, I will never purchase any DJI product again

DJI hasn't to my knowledge acknowledged the problem... I have given up and bought carbon props, which is ridiculous, but DJI has no solution and I was tired of waiting. As I said in earlier posts, DJI gets away with crappy service because they essentially have no competition, and unfortunately unless the dealers hold DJI's feet to the fire, (which only costs them money so good luck with that) and demand solutions to problems, nothing will change. It seems the dealers sit and wait just like us, but they waste no time announcing new products and taking pre-orders for those products....

After near a month of waiting, I get the propeller from DJI europe. However they are just send me the same "early foamed version" props. I contact DJI europe and get the feedback "the rattling is normal and won't affect any flight behaviour"

Very disappoint with their service, I will never purchase any DJI product again

I'm in exactly the same situation with my Inspire 2 and the red props have been struggling A LOT with the DJI Europe Support that want me to send in the whole aircraft for a second time instead of acknowledging the problem and telling us that an updated version of the props is on the way. Sending the aircraft back to the Repair Center in the Netherlands again is not an option I'm based in Sweden.

Please have a look at the response from DJI Support on my Youtube video. Perhaps if we all comment we can make them come up with a permanent solution.

Still issue with props even after sending it to DJI Support

Three flights with my new I2 and I have the prop rattle as well. My dealer said don't worry about it, it's okay to fly, hmmmm.

Replacement props will be issued free of charge by sending in your faulty props. This can be done direct with DJI or Authorized Dealers.
I have a brand new I2, just received last week, there are newer props than the ones I have? Also, I thought the issue was the mounts and not the props themselves?

Post detailed pics of the inside round center part.
Also , are there foam inserts ? Or maybe v3 stamped on it?

looks like the Issue is the overall design. After around 30hrs flight time, my white props have begun to show similar rattles.

I've just taken to shimming them over the hub with a small rectangle of greaseproof/baking paper. Whilst it's thin it seems about the right thickness, it's cheap, lots of it in the kitchen ;) , easily replaced and doesn't jam the props on either :D .

Reactions: r62ewa
No problem, glad I was able to help. Although I did not mention it in the video I actually did the superglue fix on all the props, but for the white ones I put a very thin layer.

I'm not a fan of this particular 'quick mount' solution on the In2 myself. There is an inherent flaw when you have a locking mechanism that rotates in the same direction as the spin of the props. Other than that, the In2 is a beautiful machine.
How long do you let the super glue set before filing?

Incredible!!! $6000.... we have to use super glue
Disappointed for sure, I had hoped they would have this issue fixed before I got my I2. I am contemplating the superglue method or doing as others have said, along with my vendor and flying it as is.

looks like the Issue is the overall design. After around 30hrs flight time, my white props have begun to show similar rattles.

I've just taken to shimming them over the hub with a small rectangle of greaseproof/baking paper. Whilst it's thin it seems about the right thickness, it's cheap, lots of it in the kitchen ;) , easily replaced and doesn't jam the props on either :D .
I just tried this using the parchment paper and it tightened the red prop up nicely. Still sorry to say with this expensive drone but I guess I'll make parchment paper squares a part of my kit.

I have a brand new I2, just received last week, there are newer props than the ones I have? Also, I thought the issue was the mounts and not the props themselves?

hey r62wea, check my #421 post and the photos, you could see the "stamp" around those area and post some photos here if you can ;)

Last edited:
Here is one of my red props, all others look like this, no stamp. And the verdict, are these ones that should be replaced?

WIN_20170711_08_32_40_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JoePGM
r62wea, it looks like some marks (stamp) inside here, could you take a photo for that?

mark.jpg

r62wea, it looks like some marks (stamp) inside here, could you take a photo for that?

View attachment 14742
Those are just stamped circles, there are no numbers inside them as in your pictures with the 2 stamped there.

I just checked and I have 16 props (4 complete sets) and only two of the white ones have a stamped 2 on them, all the others have nothing stamped on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoePGM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg