Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

Spoke with DJI a few times now, they have escalated the issue and is sending me 2 new red props as well as another quick disconnect. Lets hope they are looking into it deeper instead of trying to send me new props until I find a good pair.

here is a video, I encourage everyone to check their red props on both the forward and aft mounts.

Reactions: 2nd2non
DJI are replacing my 'faulty' props as well.

After I finished checking all of mine I had 3 reds that were too loose, and one white that was way too tight.

Spoke with DJI a few times now, they have escalated the issue and is sending me 2 new red props as well as another quick disconnect. Lets hope they are looking into it deeper instead of trying to send me new props until I find a good pair.

here is a video, I encourage everyone to check their red props on both the forward and aft mounts.

Exactly my issue. Can't see how it's the prop when I put all the red props on the left front and none of them rattle, then I put all the same props on the right rear and they all rattle. Has to be the prop mount I would say.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Problem is both parts have a tolerance, what we don't know is which one is out of tolerance.

Both of your prop mounts could be within tolerance but at opposite ends of the range, while all of your blades are out of tolerance but close enough to one of the prop mounts to still work.

Reactions: pilotbcm20
So my 7 days refund/replacement is up this Wednesday, how do you request refund/replacement when they do not return emails or voicemails? I do not see a form on their website.

72 customers in queue before me for DJI online support... I wrote them an email about it yesterday but still no response.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

72 customers in queue before me for DJI online support... I wrote them an email about it yesterday but still no response.

I've had good result with online technical support. Although they wanted me to send the entire drone back but I convinced them to just send me new props and mounts.

Any tips on removing the prop mounts? I don't have the tool required for those screws.

I used a T8 bit and a 1/4 ratchet. be really careful when installing the new one, the metal retaining clip that releases the lock likes to come out when I was tightening it down. Make sure you hear it snap into place before screwing it in.

Much to my dismay I also found that the left rear red (as I face the camera) rattles. The other three are smooth. The rattle stops when a piece of tissue is placed in the propeller cavity. That was a helpful suggestion someone made. However, it still is not as smooth as the other three. I will post a complaint on the DJI site.

The weather has been snow/rain for several days so I have not flown my new inspire 2 yet. I will try installing a new prop mount included with the bird and see if that helps.

A big thanks for those on this group who point out problems and solutions. The user manual is not detailed enough for me to find and solve problems. For exammple, a few more words about mounting the camera/gimbal to the copter would have saved me some angst and time. Depressing the side button to remove the gimbal is mentioned but the instructions do not point out how to get the receiving end on the copter in the right position to mount the gimbal. I finally figured out that by depressing that button you can move the receiver into the matching position. This should be done by turning the posts (while depressing the button) and being careful not to touch the contacts.

Any tips on removing the prop mounts? I don't have the tool required for those screws.

Of course I'd always recommend using the correct tool, but try a good quality 2mm allen key...

I used a T9 bit myself, the T8 felt a little loose, but I did just check and my Wera 2mm hex driver also fits.

Reactions: Lesmess
Ain't it great that the customers are identifying and providing solutions for fixing the manufacturer 's problems while they sit silent. Is this a 7 day past the refund scam? Unreal.

Of course I'd always recommend using the correct tool, but try a good quality 2mm allen key...

I used a T9 bit myself, the T8 felt a little loose, but I did just check and my Wera 2mm hex driver also fits.
Its NOT an allen key its a T9 in other words a star nut. if you look at the hole it looks like a "star" These are common screws used in computers so advise to buy a small set for future use. My set cost me $5 from amazon I always carry with me when i go out on a mission never know when you will see a loose screw

Last edited:
Its NOT an allen key its a T9 in other words a star nut. if you look at the hole it looks like a "star" These are common screws used in computers so advise to buy a small set for future use.

Yes, I thought I had made that rather clear in my reply, the point is the question was what to do if you don't have a T9...

Yes, the correct answer is 'buy one', but in an emergency a 2mm allen key although not the correct tool will often be sufficient...

I contacted DJI support regarding the motors causing strong shaking/vibrations on shutdown after landing and I was told to do an IMU calibration. Is it just me, or would this not help the situation at all?

IMU for inflight maybe, but I'm talking about rattle when the I2 is not even powered up. And yes i have done an IMU calibration makes no difference.

Good news about the rattle. I changed out the prop mount on the red prop that rattled. I used a T9 Torx bit and a 1/4" drive. The replacement mount was the red one sent with the Inspire 2.

No rattle when I spin the prop! It sounds and spins the same as the other three.

The rattling noise was reduced before the change out by using the tissue method but it still spun rougher than the other three.

I am glad to say that changing the mount appears to be a permanent fix.

Good news about the rattle. I changed out the prop mount on the red prop that rattled. I used a T9 Torx bit and a 1/4" drive. The replacement mount was the red one sent with the Inspire 2.

No rattle when I spin the prop! It sounds and spins the same as the other three.

The rattling noise was reduced before the change out by using the tissue method but it still spun rougher than the other three.

I am glad to say that changing the mount appears to be a permanent fix.

Nice. Out of curiosity, can you try the other 3 red props on it to see if it produces any rattle?

I contacted DJI support regarding the motors causing strong shaking/vibrations on shutdown after landing and I was told to do an IMU calibration. Is it just me, or would this not help the situation at all?

It would make absolutely no difference whatsoever and whoever told you to do that is an idiot.
However, it doesn't surprise me as it seems to be the standard scripted cure all that DJI 'Support' (and I use that word very loosely) rely on.

It would make absolutely no difference whatsoever and whoever told you to do that is an idiot.
However, it doesn't surprise me as it seems to be the standard scripted cure all that DJI 'Support' (and I use that word very loosely) rely on.
Reminds me of the old Computer Tech Support answer.. "Have you turned it off and on again". (if you are familiar with a show "the IT Crowd") :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool