Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop guards anyone?

Honestly, this would make me much more confident if I had prop guards that worked. I absolutely love the Inspire...the total package, but if it's possible to fly knowing I'm not going to crash if I do a slight bump into something...and that this unit will be safer, I am totally pumped! Thanks so much for doing this.

Just thinking that someone with more grey matter than me might add some curvature to the inside of the prop guard creating a venturi effect that acts like a ducted fan, which in turn, could capture the lift loss at the propeller tips and make the whole system performance neutral or even slightly positive.

we've designed two versions and they are both being printed. I'm expecting them early next week.

Well, do you have something already, like pictures ..... anything???

Ohw, saw on your 1st. images that the side is closed. Did you think about opening them for a little less weight?

I have a shoot in a couple weeks documenting some training ROTC students are doing at a local university...would love to have these prop guards for something like this...I'm not going to be doing anything crazy with my Inspire, but having prop guards would make me feel more confident.

this is just proto #1, so hold on to your money! we won't sell it til it's PERFECT!
the phantomguard we made for the little brother took 7 rounds of revisions...but now it's a hit. looking at the rave reviews we just felt it worthy to take the time and do it right the first time.

Reactions: lrh111
I dunno, i had prop guards on my phantom and they contributed to significant VRS. As soon as I took them off the thing was much more stable on descents. I carry an extra set of props around in case they get busted because to me the risk of crash is greater with prop guards. Unless the inspire does not have the same VRS issues as the phantom of course...

Reactions: InspireArnold
I dunno, i had prop guards on my phantom and they contributed to significant VRS. As soon as I took them off the thing was much more stable on descents. I carry an extra set of props around in case they get busted because to me the risk of crash is greater with prop guards. Unless the inspire does not have the same VRS issues as the phantom of course...

we don't know 'til we start flying with it. and we never had any vortex issue with the phantom. but thanks for the comments, we'll be on the lookout for any possible VRS issue.

I had prop guards with the Phantom and had vortex issues...had a bad crash. From everything I'm hearing from folks is that you should have some type of movement...forward, backward, sideways...when you descend...this will minimize vortex issues, with or without prop guards.

Given the power that the Inspire has, these props could do some really horrible damage to a human being...these prop guards will help. They won't guarantee compete safety, but I think they will make a big difference. Another great feature with these prop guards is that you can actually bump up against objects and not crash...this is huge to me.

Sign me up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth