Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop Guards?

Once more, allow me to jump in here and expose my ignorance.

When designing prop guards, how does one decide how much of the circumference surrounding the props to include? It appears (and I may be off) that you've selected about 25% (or 90 degrees) as the area of protection. It looks as though (based upon my lack of knowledge) that the front, sides and rear are open to potential hazard. Could more area be covered?

Last edited:
Once more, allow me to jump in here and expose my ignorance.

When designing prop guards, how does one decide how much of the circumference surrounding the props to include. It appears (and I may be off) that you've selected about 25% (or 90 degrees) as the area of protection. It looks as though (based upon my lack of knowledge) that the front, sides and rear are open to potential hazard. Could more area be covered?
The props @gogowanda is currently designing cover the whole prop.

yes we are on track for the full circle, quick release prop guards. We've received our prototype last week and made adjustment. Now we're waiting on the 2nd sets to arrive. prop guards will definitely help when flying indoors, we've crashed our inspire twice due to "ground effects" when flying low and slow indoors. those blades can cut up some serious gash...one of my guy here got his finger cut up with our P2 when he tried to save a crash into the wall. now imagine those big carbon enforced blade rotating like a buzz saw...we designed this mainly for our own when filming indoors, but would be nice to make it a final product. the mold cost is a...*****!

I want some as well. I am using it to take photos of amusement rides for safety inspections. Need to get in close to the structures. Guards may save my bacon and the Inspire.

gogowanda's pics make me wonder when some enterprising soul will make props and shrouds and convert the Inspire to a ducted fan. Safety and improved efficiency in one package. Would also help by decreasing the overall size of the craft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc