Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Propeller Guards for Inspire 1.

I'd be concerned with increased chance of aerodynamic impact, including VRS. These would be useful for indoor or close quarter flying but I wouldn't leave them on all the time when flying outdoors, frankly.

It's well known that prop guards on the Phantom were related to increased incidents of crashes. The Inspire is more stable to begin with but I think it's misleading to say there is "zero aerodynamic impact". That's just not honest science.

I'd be concerned with increased chance of aerodynamic impact, including VRS. These would be useful for indoor or close quarter flying but I wouldn't leave them on all the time when flying outdoors, frankly.

It's well known that prop guards on the Phantom were related to increased incidents of crashes. The Inspire is more stable to begin with but I think it's misleading to say there is "zero aerodynamic impact". That's just not honest science.

I've been pushing my i1 to the limit outdoor with no ill effect to flight performances.

I will only report what I know.

There is no need to mislead.

You know me better than that DC.

I think it would be more honest to say "we have not observed any aerodynamic effects".

If there does turn out to be some negative effect down the road if/when these get more broadly adopted, you can at least fall back to your statement that tearing showed no negative effect on aerodynamics. Caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware.

Claiming though that there are "zero" or "no" effects on aerodynamics is an absolute statement and if proven false could make the vendor and/or their agents liable for damages.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirnikolas
I think it would be more honest to say "we have not observed any aerodynamic effects".

If there does turn out to be some negative effect down the road if/when these get more broadly adopted, you can at least fall back to your statement that tearing showed no negative effect on aerodynamics. Caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware.

Claiming though that there are "zero" or "no" effects on aerodynamics is an absolute statement and if proven false could make the vendor and/or their agents liable for damages.

Let's have a reality check here.

Even without the prop guards, people are still crashing the i1s. Many are from User's error. Is DJI liable for the lack of user's skill?

The prop guards have been fitted to my i1 and I've pushed it to the limit of all flight envelopes with NO EFFECT at all.

That's the fact and that's what I am reporting.

Let's have a reality check here.

Even without the prop guards, people are still crashing the i1s. Many are from User's error. Is DJI liable for the lack of user's skill?

The prop guards have been fitted to my i1 and I've pushed it to the limit of all flight envelopes with NO EFFECT at all.

That's the fact and that's what I am reporting.

Just to be clear: you are reporting your experience, not claiming there is no aerodynamic effects, correct?

The distinction is subtle but since you were involved in the design of these things Lynh it's an important one to make clear for folks (and for your own protection down the road).

I've been pushing my i1 to the limit outdoor with no ill effect to flight performances.

I will only report what I know.

There is no need to mislead.

Why not post a video of you "pushing the I1 to the limit" with prop guards on.

I don't understand how some of you guys spend hundreds of hours to develop a product, then neglect to spend an hour making a video to back up your claims. :rolleyes:

Please show us a video you flying the heck out of the I1 with $80 prop guards on.

(it's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I'm sick of "take my word" for it).

Why not post a video of you "pushing the I1 to the limit" with prop guards on.

I don't understand how some of you guys spend hundreds of hours to develop a product, then neglect to spend an hour making a video to back up your claims. :rolleyes:

Please show us a video you flying the heck out of the I1 with $80 prop guards on.

(it's not that I don't believe you, it's just that I'm sick of "take my word" for it).

I also don't understand your constant need to argue, especcially your "love" towards Ron's ideas.
And I simply don't understand your motivation.
Do you have a better charging solution to offer ? Do you have better prop guards in development ?
Please show us a video with your ideas, would be nice to have a counter offer.

P.s great work, Ron, thank you for making our flights easier & safer !

Reactions: Carlsberg and rtb
Nice low level flight.
I fly my I1 with the camera on at all times.
Is the a mid level test video with the camera on it?

Regardless of prop guards or not, I always have some forward/backward/sideways motion when I descend. I never come straight down rapidly...I would be interested to see what the Inspire does coming down fast, but not necessarily straight down. I don't think it's a good practice to just slam the craft down in a straight line.

Has anyone gotten tracking info from Smart Power Charge shipping prop guards?. They show 37 in stock. I pre-ordered the day they opened pre-orders. They were supposed to be shipping this week.

USA stocks have all been shipped.

Can you tell me when Droneland.nl will have your prop guards on stock ? I am located in Europe, and I could not find another SPC dealer around. Thx

They should have stocks now.
You can also contact our secondary distributor listed in this thread.

It was great to see that Droneland have stock of the Inspire prop guards, I placed my order but was stopped in my tracks when they wanted 44euro (£31) for shipping to the UK . Come on guys this is just highway robbery !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell