Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Proposed legislation in Washington State

Discussion in 'News' started by brianpgreen, Jan 9, 2017.

1. brianpgreen

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Have moved it to News section as it will get more views there. :)

Sorry, we don't allow double posts so I have locked the other one.

3. Casey53

So you cannot fly over anyone's property without having their permission first, and maybe best in writing too, or else you are trespassing. There goes the realtors who fly over some neighbor who objects to them shooting the house next to them for sale.

The WA Rep. Jeff Morris (D) guy mentioned is also behind no drones over sea life within 600 feet too on another bill with his colleagues (WA HB1031). Surprised since he is the chairman of the WA Technology and Economic Development committee, but seems very anti-drone.

Better buy a lot of acreage in WA soon or else you won't be able to fly anywhere. Legislators are going nuts writing anti-drone laws.

4. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Very badly worded.

It defines a radio control aircraft as one that is totally manual and not capable of autonoumous flight.
    Since the Inspire (and other DJI offerings) are capable of autonoumous flight by way of a third party app using waypoint and auto take off and landing it could be argued you would be exempt.:p

Typical idiot lawyer/congress wording something they know nothing about

5. PortCanaveralFlorida

6. lake_flyer

That sounds like the shape of things to come.

7. ReadyKilowatt

Maybe the campaign contribution from Amazon didn't show up...

mikesher likes this.
  8. pulsar747n

The proposed document mandates that the Remote Control Aircraft have the name and phone number of the operator. Isn't that contrary to current FAA federal law that requires the UAV to only have an FAA registration number? Isn't the airspace above ground under the jurisdiction of the FAA?

9. kennedye

When writing to your local rep, I wonder if it would be worth enclosing a couple of photos that show what kind of detail you can get at various altitudes; that might show that it's difficult to pick out faces and things at even mild altitudes.

MichaelS likes this.
  10. Dave Pitman

Just found your post. I posted about it also. USA - Washington state HEADS UP

I have also submitted written comments to my legislators and also to the committee members and have received confrimation that they were received. I encourage others to send thoughtful comments to their reps as well. Talking in here is great but won't help.

Thanks guys!

MichaelS likes this.
  11. Dave Pitman

In addition to my written comments, I sent the co-chair of the committe a google map mission plan and the resulting video from the mission demonstrating a "typical" sUAS commercial operation. Hopefully it will help them to understand reality more so than hype.

MichaelS likes this.