Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery

Reaction score
I saw this message for the first time flying my I1 pro with the latest firmware...
I looked to know exactly what is related to... any specific suggestion?

In some older posts they say that is related to cold temperatures.... but it's not my case...

I saw this message for the first time flying my I1 pro with the latest firmware...
I looked to know exactly what is related to... any specific suggestion?

In some older posts they say that is related to cold temperatures.... but it's not my case...
It can be any number of things.....
  • Cold battery temperature
  • A nearly depleted pack that is being asked too much current (high throttle/climb out)
  • A weak pack/cell that is sagging under load and therefore has the output limited to ensure the cell doesn't drop to LVC.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Probably was the third one... that was a very old and used battery. I had some power drops in the past. Is that a new firmware safety feature? Never get that message before

Aka the "battery nanny".

It's a combination of temp, battery level and voltage drain.

Any battery temp outside about 14C - 45C can bring it on, depending on factors above.

Optimal discharge range for LiPos is 20C - 40C. Discharge capacity can drop off beyond those ranges.

c9b74e57e0f4c6d56e68a2198f336c19.jpg

Reactions: slim.slamma
It can be any number of things.....
  • Cold battery temperature
  • A nearly depleted pack that is being asked too much current (high throttle/climb out)
  • A weak pack/cell that is sagging under load and therefore has the output limited to ensure the cell doesn't drop to LVC.
I get it and the temperature here doesn't drop below 70, new batteries some with less than 10 flights, fully charged.

I get this every now and then.... ive noticed only In high winds

Yes, again it's a combination of battery core temp, battery level and voltage drain.

You can have a battery temp of 10C or 55C and not get the message if you're just hovering. But if the aircraft is creating significant voltage draw for whatever reason (pilot command, fighting high wind, combination thereof), propulsion output will be limited.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry