Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Propulsion output is limited when battery drops below 3.50v

I drain my batteries, sometimes hovering just off the ground to get the batteries down to 3-5% ...and have set the critical at 10%
It's good to drain the batteries completely every so often

After the same warning my Inspire drop Down!! Yellow led fixed... No time to realise!! Motor off....and down!!! After 150 mt. Battery fully charged...after firmware upgrade....strange no?? First time I see this message warning!!!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 27
  • image.png
    image.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 27
I rarely land > 20%, often a bit lower.
Every so often I discharge completely, often they go on a bit longer than 'zero'.

After the same warning my Inspire drop Down!! Yellow led fixed... No time to realise!! Motor off....and down!!! After 150 mt. Battery fully charged...after firmware upgrade....strange no?? First time I see this message warning!!!
What fw?

As far as I can understand - firmware upgrade which brought voltage warings and power throttling, was released in the same moment when X5 cameras hit the market, what happened to be in winter. That is also aprox. one year after many of us purchased i1 so our batteris ware not fresh as they used to be... These are three sufficient reasons to monitor batteries more closely, and to prevent overloading. While new firmware helped with voltage monitoring, I can not say that firmware solved all the problems with overloading. Nevertheless, my experience of flying i1+X5 in -10C temperature showed me that it is very easy to get batteries bellow 3.6V in just few minutes, despite app says you have aprox. 50% of charge... Seeing yellow warning and voltage bellow 3.6 kept me allert and reminded me to get to the ground promptly despite % charge... On that occasion I switched to X3 and did not experienced more warnings... Please note that before "smart" batteries and aircrafts, monitoring voltages was only reliable way of judging right moment to land, while flying gently was only way to stretch your battery flight time... With this fw upgrade we just got enforced "smart gently" power throttling - for real experienced pro pilots that was unnecessary, but DJI makes money from "wannabe pros" who rely on "smart everything" so that is a way it goes...

Reactions: The Editor
A direct result of the 1.7/1.8 FW Propulsion Message. Back to DJI it goes. Rolled my other bird back to 1.5 and grounded my Black Pro until DJI brings back the power that is needed to make it back home in a simple 12 mph wind.

Attachments

• inspire 1 pieces.JPG
    inspire 1 pieces.JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 20

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg