Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Public bystander FAQ

Reaction score
Frequently Asked Questions:

What kind of drone is it? The DJI lnspire 1.

How high does it go? 400' (legally). It's internally limited to 1500' for safety reasons.

How far does it go? Up to 2 miles depending on conditions, further with special add-on antennas.

How fast does it go? Up to 50 MPH or more, depending on winds.

How much does it cost? About $3,300 with 3 controllers. With accessories and 2 iPads, everything can add up close to $5,000.

Does it have a camera? Yes. 4K!

How much can It carry? It normally only carries the camera but can comfortably lift an extra 2-3lbs of payload.

How much does it weigh? 6.5 lbs (3 kg).

How long can It fly? Up to 20 minutes with the bigger battery.

Does it spy on people? No. People look like ants from the sky, and there's no zoom lens.

Does it do delivery? A guy in Texas last week carried a life line to a family about to be washed away in a flood. Does that count?

Did you build it? No. Comes ready to fly!

Where did you buy it? Online DJI resellers. They're very nice people :)

PDF link:
https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/324915ee-427e-46d7-906e-6a02b7c6e41b

Last edited:
Now put it on the back of a T-Shirt and all of those problems are solved. Sometimes its tough when working but to be honest, most of the time, I like talking to people about out it. I like talking to people in general so it usually works out.

Yes people are always interested in what you are doing while your out flying but sometimes they ask the most awkward questions when you are in a, shall we say, a difficult situation. This is why I always take my wife with me so she can answer questions, spot, crowd controll (in high vis vest) and film all at the same time! She always says she is good at multitasking so I like to keep her on her toes.lol. Put the kettle on love......

I really don't mind people asking questions. Yes, there are certainly times you need to be focusing...and I never have a problem letting people talking to me know that I need to focus. But most of the time, I spend a lot of time educating people about this technology, really trying to be an ambassador for this wonderful medium.

I will often times let people take a quick look at my tablet, letting them see the shot I'm getting.

I always make a point to apologize for the noise if I'm in a more tranquil setting with people around...folks seem to appreciate this, and given that I'm usually in and out of the environment quickly, the noise really hasn't been an issue.

Reactions: Jason Schiffner
Well, I was thinking about making 2 shirts.

The first shirt is for me and on the back it says: Please talk to the other guy when I'm flying
The second shirt says: I'm the other guy, talk to me.

Reactions: Jason Schiffner
Yes people are always interested in what you are doing while your out flying but sometimes they ask the most awkward questions when you are in a, shall we say, a difficult situation. This is why I always take my wife with me so she can answer questions, spot, crowd controll (in high vis vest) and film all at the same time! She always says she is good at multitasking so I like to keep her on her toes.lol. Put the kettle on love......

Good idea!

I don't think the FAA realizes that FPV flying is safer. If someone is wearing goggles, then no one is going to bother them.

That's great! My wife is my camera operator and she is really good at it. Having two people present is always best. I'm really grateful that my wife enjoys it so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop