Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pulled the trigger on X5R

Ok... good. Why do you want to see footage then? You know it all it seems. Most people have no idea what depth of field is and aperture. I earn over 30k a month with my camera and drone. I don't worry about the technical side. I just shoot what I need to make a tv commercial. There is no flickering on my footage. After the X5, the P3 footage is almost unusable. Its sharper but it flickers because of that.

Do you have any links to your footage.

There is flickering in your footage because there is flickering in ALL X5 footage. You just haven't viewed it on a format that makes it obvious.
Ok.. Ill rush out and buy a huge tv set so I can see it. Truly.. I don't know what you guys expect.Its a camera that can be carried around by 4 props. It costs nothing and you can't expect the same results you would get from a decent camera worth over 20 or 40k as we normally use in our productions. I think you expect too much.

Ok.. Ill rush out and buy a huge tv set so I can see it. Truly.. I don't know what you guys expect.Its a camera that can be carried around by 4 props. It costs nothing and you can't expect the same results you would get from a decent camera worth over 20 or 40k as we normally use in our productions. I think you expect too much.
I just wanted a link

You're probably right but that's why I have high expectations for the X5R. If we can get decent MFT RAW CinemaDNG with no encoding or DJI FW or Ambella SOC artifacts, I think we'll finally have an aerial video platform that will rival rigs many tens of thousands more.

Potentially.

My Phantom 3 Pro does not have any flicker.... Why should the Inspire? Why doesnt the x3 have this problem? FIX IT DJI!!!!!

Ill send you a link. Im away from home at the moment. in Bali, in fact.

Tell people you make over 30k a month via your camera in English.
Someone asks for a link to your work.
Reply via the internet with "I can't because I'm not at home and in Bali.

Sounds legit!

Last edited:

Sounds legit!

[emoji106]

I make $0.00 per month with my Inspire. I have an X3. It has flicker. Here is a link to my work:

Reactions: PB30X and hoodlum1
Regarding the flickering discussion, I see it in the shadows at high ISO. If you can't see it just looking at the footage, set the camera to 3200 ISO, point it a near black object at less than 15IRE, and check the scopes. You should see the luminance bouncing around. It's worse with the log profiles. Its also worse when working much higher or lower than a normal daylight white balance setting. This does not look like normal gain noise. Either DJI needs to fix the noise with a firmware upgrade or give use a picture profile at high ISO that crushes the blacks below the flicker threshold. There could be an issue with the actual electrical components that is causing inconsistent gain and only affects certain cameras. I do not see the flickering in the X3 footage.

The flickering is absolutely there but it's directly related to the in camera sharpness (or at least it was for the X3, assuming the same for the X5). Sharpness at 0 and above, flicker, sharpness -1 and lower...nothing. Except you see the image fall off a cliff at -1 sharpness and no amount of post sharpening makes up for it.

Bring on the X5R...

The X5 and X3 have different profiles. The picture profiles and sharpness are implemented differently. The flickering on the X5 looks similar to what would happen if you lit a static scene with a candle in the shadows. It is not related to movement or block noise or artifacting.

The X5 and X3 have different profiles. The picture profiles and sharpness are implemented differently. The flickering on the X5 looks similar to what would happen if you lit a static scene with a candle in the shadows. It is not related to movement or block noise or artifacting.

Yeah, I haven't had much time to analyze much of my X5 footage yet but it was all pretty much solved by Neat Video. I really hope they get the X5R right.

Reactions: damoncooper
Yeah, I wouldn't trust any of your preferred settings for the X3 to be transferable to the X5. In fact, so far you can't trust your settings on the X5 from one firmware update to the next.

Sounds legit!
Sorry but Im having a break.. 4 days . I didn't bring all my hard drives with me, just a laptop to keep up to date between sleeping. Believe what you want. The thing is I am very skilled at what i do. I have been creating tv commercials for 18 years. Many posts here have helped me much more than the writers will ever know. I soak up anything that helps me in my work. I have in fact sent about 4 people a link to my work but I can't keep doing that for everyone. People want to see X5 footage but there is plenty online without having to see mine. Just trust the camera is good. It matters so much as to an individuals camera skills as its a real camera and not like the P3 or X3 that is just point and shoot.

Sorry but Im having a break.. 4 days . I didn't bring all my hard drives with me, just a laptop to keep up to date between sleeping. Believe what you want. The thing is I am very skilled at what i do. I have been creating tv commercials for 18 years. Many posts here have helped me much more than the writers will ever know. I soak up anything that helps me in my work. I have in fact sent about 4 people a link to my work but I can't keep doing that for everyone. People want to see X5 footage but there is plenty online without having to see mine. Just trust the camera is good. It matters so much as to an individuals camera skills as its a real camera and not like the P3 or X3 that is just point and shoot.

you don't need a hard drive, in your original post you said you would send him a link, you seem to be moving the goal posts to maintain your claim but doing nothing to verify it. If you're earning that sort of money you would have huge archives of footage online to view right now. Most probably a show reel too.

I'm am amateur and I have over 50 drone videos online, I could link to from the moon as long as I had a net connection. It just strikes me as odd you can't do the same.

you don't need a hard drive, in your original post you said you would send him a link, you seem to be moving the goal posts to maintain your claim but doing nothing to verify it. If you're earning that sort of money you would have huge archives of footage online to view right now. Most probably a show reel too.

I'm am amateur and I have over 50 drone videos online, I could link to from the moon as long as I had a net connection. It just strikes me as odd you can't do the same.

In all fairness, a full time commercial operator probably has very little footage he actually owns. It's all someone else's property.

Now holiday video, that's al yours :)

I have over 983 tv commercials online but I dont see the need to link you to see them. This is my living and I dont want to waste time showing you what you can see on others sites. I dont do videos like you guys. I like to watch some of the videos you guys post but only to see the country you guys live in. Im in Australia and like the states. I have been there about 7 times but its good to see where you guys live and the surrounding areas. Matter of fact, I have sent 4 people links to see an X5 clip. It was just a clip I captured to grab a few seconds of footage for a tv commercial. What you guys do is great, but I don't shoot the sort of video you guys do. I shoot for television. You guys tend to send the drone up to grab scenes of mountains and fields while I just get the elevation shot of a house or business or beach etc. A few seconds here, a few seconds there. Its a tool to me, a money making tool. I write, shoot and edit 4 tv commercials a week and do it all on my own. If I have need of crew then i employ freelancers so I dont have the wages to pay. I can tell you I have produced 66 tv commercials since the 1st of October and on my own. Don't doubt I make good money. I work day and night though. Im working now and its 11pm. I work about 15 hours a day. Its my passion. Good luck to you. As I learnt years ago.. do what you like to do and learn how to do it well and you will never work a day in your life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah