Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pulled the trigger on X5R

In all fairness, a full time commercial operator probably has very little footage he actually owns. It's all someone else's property.

Now holiday video, that's al yours :)
I believe the footage I have is mine and the clients but its not what I do. I just went to my daughters birthday dinner and didn't even take a camera. My cameras are for work. I dont have time to take footage of bush and beaches and mountains. I take grabs of what I need to create a tv commercial. I do this for a living.

In all fairness, a full time commercial operator probably has very little footage he actually owns. It's all someone else's property.

Now holiday video, that's al yours :)
but that footage would still be online, if someone said they were an actor, it would not be unreasonable to ask them to link to the the stuff they have appeared i given 9/10 videos made end up there.

but that footage would still be online, if someone said they were an actor, it would not be unreasonable to ask them to link to the the stuff they have appeared i given 9/10 videos made end up there.
What do you mean "that footage would be online"? I dont put footage online. My footage is on my hard drive and after i capture the small bits I need to create a commercial, the rest is deleted. I have to send a commercial to a client but do that via Dropbox. Once the client has downloaded a copy then I delete it. Most tv commercials I do are only 15 secs long. Why would you think I have to put them online? They are mea nt to go on television to let the people see them.

I have over 983 tv commercials online but I dont see the need to link you to see them. This is my living and I dont want to waste time showing you what you can see on others sites. I dont do videos like you guys. I like to watch some of the videos you guys post but only to see the country you guys live in. Im in Australia and like the states. I have been there about 7 times but its good to see where you guys live and the surrounding areas. Matter of fact, I have sent 4 people links to see an X5 clip. It was just a clip I captured to grab a few seconds of footage for a tv commercial. What you guys do is great, but I don't shoot the sort of video you guys do. I shoot for television. You guys tend to send the drone up to grab scenes of mountains and fields while I just get the elevation shot of a house or business or beach etc. A few seconds here, a few seconds there. Its a tool to me, a money making tool. I write, shoot and edit 4 tv commercials a week and do it all on my own. If I have need of crew then i employ freelancers so I dont have the wages to pay. I can tell you I have produced 66 tv commercials since the 1st of October and on my own. Don't doubt I make good money. I work day and night though. Im working now and its 11pm. I work about 15 hours a day. Its my passion. Good luck to you. As I learnt years ago.. do what you like to do and learn how to do it well and you will never work a day in your life.

How can we see them on other sites if we have no idea what they are or who you are?
That's like me saying I'm an actor, then when asked what film I was in, saying, oh you know, the one on that website with all the millions of other films.

You've talked an awful lot, but the reality is you've not shown anything on a subject which is based entirely on visuals.

Would you hire a script writer without seeing any of his work?
Would you hire a musician without hearing any of his work?

So why is ok for you to claim to be something which is a form of expression, then hide it?

It just strikes me as odd.

What do you mean "that footage would be online"? I dont put footage online. My footage is on my hard drive and after i capture the small bits I need to create a commercial, the rest is deleted. I have to send a commercial to a client but do that via Dropbox. Once the client has downloaded a copy then I delete it. Most tv commercials I do are only 15 secs long. Why would you think I have to put them online? They are mea nt to go on television to let the people see them.

Oh I see, so its the type of footage that never ends up online.
OK then, a link to your website which outlines the work you've done would be great.
I assume you have this to promote yourself?

P.S.
You recently said..

I have over 983 tv commercials online but I dont see the need to link you to see them.

then you said.

Why would you think I have to put them online? They are meant to go on television to let the people see them.

You choose to tell people what you do, you say you love the work you do, this is a website based on people with a similar view and creative interest.

Why does the most basic request to see your creations end up in a complex mess?

Last edited:
How can we see them on other sites if we have no idea what they are or who you are?
That's like me saying I'm an actor, then when asked what film I was in, saying, oh you know, the one on that website with all the millions of other films.

You've talked an awful lot, but the reality is you've not shown anything on a subject which is based entirely on visuals.

Would you hire a script writer without seeing any of his work?
Would you hire a musician without hearing any of his work?

So why is ok for you to claim to be something which is a form of expression, then hide it?

It just strikes me as odd.
Im not with you at all. I meant other sites you guys put up. I told you i dont have any drone videos up at all. I dont do that. I shoot for commercial tv. I dont have a ned to go shooting fields and mountains like you guys. Earlier, some has asks dot see X5 footage.I sent them a 15 second clip. Its direct from the camera. They just wanted to see the quality. Now you want to see my work? Why? I use a drone to grab a quick angle for a commercial. Thats it.
Im sure you don't want to see my commercials. They will mean nothing to you.
If you want to see my web site, then here it is here, but its not full of commercials and there is no drone footage in it at all. This is because the web site was created years ago and I have only been using a drone for 6 months. Im too busy with work to worry about it.
www.redtvproductions.com.au

Oh I see, so its the type of footage that never ends up online.
OK then, a link to your website which outlines the work you've done would be great.
I assume you have this to promote yourself?

P.S.
You recently said..

I have over 983 tv commercials online but I dont see the need to link you to see them.

then you said.

Why would you think I have to put them online? They are meant to go on television to let the people see them.

You choose to tell people what you do, you say you love the work you do, this is a website based on people with a similar view and creative interest.

Why does the most basic request to see your creations end up in a complex mess?
Already sent web address.

I just found a clip I shot a few weeks ago for a block of land the client is wanting to sell. Here it is here.
Oro Farm
Thanks, the drone footage looked pretty good!

I did notice some compression artifacts in the shadows which could be youtube compression. In my opinion what you had accomplished there did seem to be a step up from an X3 in Image quality.

Do you find the Image quality to be a huge improvement before online compression?

Thanks, the drone footage looked pretty good!

I did notice some compression artifacts in the shadows which could be youtube compression. In my opinion what you had accomplished there did seem to be a step up from an X3 in Image quality.

Do you find the Image quality to be a huge improvement before online compression?
Please bear in mind that footage is only 1080P after conversion for editing. I have the P3 and it and the X5 doesn't flicker like that does. There is no jello either. This footage is mixed with Canon Mark 3 and at 1080P is the same.

I'll probably get the X5R,but I'm going to be skint for the the rest of 2016 and I won't give DJI a penny until people are raving about it on forums.

They got enough out of me with the X5.

I'll probably get the X5R,but I'm going to be skint for the the rest of 2016 and I won't give DJI a penny until people are raving about it on forums.

They got enough out of me with the X5.

Totally understandable. You took the arrow on the X5. Let me take the arrow (if there is one) on the X5R. The wife isn't happy about it but it's already paid for so nothing left but the waiting...

Soooo what if a client saw your video and said OMG I wanna pay you $5,000 for it! then saw your blown out highlights at 1:45 and said, nah, you deserve $0 per month because of only 9 stops of dynamic range on that 1/2.3" sensor, hahahahah okay okay, teasing.

The colors from the top down shots were amazing. Blues and greens popped beyond what I thought possible with the X3. Great job.

Side note, I've actually been up that way. Not as far up the peninsula as you shot, but there is a break off that dirt road on the left that leads up there from Cancun, Icarus Kiteboarding. Wish I had my drone back then, would have made for some awesome footage.

[emoji106]

I make $0.00 per month with my Inspire. I have an X3. It has flicker. Here is a link to my work:

[emoji106]

I make $0.00 per month with my Inspire. I have an X3. It has flicker. Here is a link to my work:

Reactions: damoncooper
Having the Osmo handle makes the X5R basically twice as functional. It's practically a no-brainer to upgrade now.

What is the alternative to having aerial and handheld raw both gimbal stabilized?
S900 + Zenmuse Z15 + BMPCC, then for the ground a Came Single at a minimum, though most folks would probably go with a DJI Ronin M.

How much is that setup? $8,000?
I'm almost infuriated that no one has made a crossbar/overhead handle for the Z15 gimbal so that it could be converted from aerial to walkaround.

I own a Ronin M but I hardly ever use it because it's just so cumbersome. Attracts all kinds of unwanted attention at events... I'm so looking forward to shooting the X5 on the Osmo, and maybe the X5R, too. I'm gonna chuck the video monopod in the trash if the X5 Osmo lives up to the hype.

Not to keep rambling but, the next step DJI should be working on is a Tero competitor that is X5 compatible. Then after that a cable cam that can accept an X5. Cable cam is 1 motor, 1 esc, a power supply and a receiver, that is Duplo blocks compared to even an F450 Flamewheel with a 1st gen Naza.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc