Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Purchase a new Inspire v1 or v2

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a new I1 and one of the major online retailers have new I1(D) v1's for $1,549.99. I wondering if I should go for the v1 and save the extra 450.00 or spend the extra go with the v2. I have no plans to use the x5 and my understanding is that the minor improvements on v2 aren't much benefit unless your flying the x5.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

My opinion save that money not enough of a difference , I have the version 1 and it's been flawless . You can put the extra money towards a nice case like the Bestem aerial backpack ( which I mainly use ) and accessories like extra batteries , ND filters etc.

Reactions: r4nd0m and mano76
V2 is better in many ways, especially if you might want the x5 later. Better motors, better prop locks, better gimball plates.

V2 is better in many ways, especially if you might want the x5 later. Better motors, better prop locks, better gimball plates.
He said he had no plans to use the X5 , if so not worth it in my opinion but if money isn't a big deal ( if it wasn't I don't think he'd be asking for opinions ) go for it...

Just following up. I appreciate the feedback and ultimately decide to purchase the v1 from B & H for $1,559.00. It arrived today and as advertised it was in a new sealed box. It is a v1(D), manufactured in Dec. 2015. I used the extra $$ for batteries and an extra charger. Now I'm look forward to having some fun.

Again, thanks.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Just following up. I appreciate the feedback and ultimately decide to purchase the v1 from B & H for $1,559.00. It arrived today and as advertised it was in a new sealed box. It is a v1(D), manufactured in Dec. 2015. I used the extra $$ for batteries and an extra charger. Now I'm look forward to having some fun.

Again, thanks.
Good deal , tons of great information on this forum , don't be in a rush and fly in open areas at first , enjoy...

Couldn't resist that B&H price either. Updated to V2 1345T propellers before my first flight. Man this thing is quieter than my F450. Also got two tb48 batteries and 2 100w chargers.

I have bought v.1 just before v.2 was released. I got my craft with upgraded motors. So only a few details & definitely not worth the price difference.

Just bought the V1 also from BH, with upgrade to prop locks and new gimbal plate... Great machine, at a great price. V1 is now listed at $1500 canadian at Multi drones in Montreal... should have waited a few days more, would have saved almost $500 !!! ;)

I just picked one up from B&H today. I will come on Wed, I had to think real hard about it vs a P4. I think I will be happy with the V1 D (hopefully mine is as well)!

Just bought the V1 also from BH, with upgrade to prop locks and new gimbal plate... Great machine, at a great price. V1 is now listed at $1500 canadian at Multi drones in Montreal... should have waited a few days more, would have saved almost $500 !!! ;)
Hello Jean . How would you have saved $500 for waiting ? The B&H price was $1500 .

I just picked one up from B&H today. I will come on Wed, I had to think real hard about it vs a P4. I think I will be happy with the V1 D (hopefully mine is as well)!
Just wait for the P4 price Drop. Then you can have both ;)

I had the same dilemma when deciding between the Inspire 1 and Phantom 4. In the end, the deal from B&H was irresistible for me. The build quality on the I1 seemed to be significantly better than that of the P4. Of course I know the P4 has its advantages as well, but for me, the I1 still won out.

Got my V1 from B&H last week and when I say the best I've flown yet OMG. Fast smooth and quiet. Got 3 batts a case and the upgrade Propellers. What more can I ask for. I spent almost 500.00 more on a phantom 3 Pro with accesories and 4 batteries. This is the deal of the century on Drones and Ive had em all. Was waiting on The Typhoon H and was talked out that deal by their dealer being honest and telling me he wasnt happy. I appreciate his honesty because it allowed me to buy the Drone we all want. The Beast of Drones. The Inspire

Got my V1 from B&H last week and when I say the best I've flown yet OMG. Fast smooth and quiet. Got 3 batts a case and the upgrade Propellers. What more can I ask for. I spent almost 500.00 more on a phantom 3 Pro with accesories and 4 batteries. This is the deal of the century on Drones and Ive had em all. Was waiting on The Typhoon H and was talked out that deal by their dealer being honest and telling me he wasnt happy. I appreciate his honesty because it allowed me to buy the Drone we all want. The Beast of Drones. The Inspire
It is indeed a beast and a blast to fly!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips