Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Quick 360 Pano Lake Tahoe

Reaction score
Website
ibareitall.com
Just thought I would share a 360 pano I did this morning which is a combination of 34 photos from my Inspire 1.
I had a bit of a challenge since it just stopped snowing for a few minutes to get the bird up in the air. First thing I had was the battery was to cold.. I guess its getting that time of year here in Lake Tahoe, California, next after looking at the photos it seems like the storm was moving a bit fast so the stitching software couldn't get it all the way, so I had to do various manual tweaks which I think in turn came out ok.

Only thing I'm not really that happy with is the top of the world but oh well who cares ;)

Just thought I would share!

Check out the pano on DJI's SkyPixel Site

Here part of that 360 pano, btw can 360 panos be embedded here?

misty-clouds.jpg

Just thought I would share a 360 pano I did this morning which is a combination of 34 photos from my Inspire 1.
I had a bit of a challenge since it just stopped snowing for a few minutes to get the bird up in the air. First thing I had was the battery was to cold.. I guess its getting that time of year here in Lake Tahoe, California, next after looking at the photos it seems like the storm was moving a bit fast so the stitching software couldn't get it all the way, so I had to do various manual tweaks which I think in turn came out ok.

Only thing I'm not really that happy with is the top of the world but oh well who cares ;)

Just thought I would share!

Check out the pano on DJI's SkyPixel Site

Here part of that 360 pano, btw can 360 panos be embedded here?

View attachment 10467
Beautiful.

What app did you use, and what settings?
What did you use to stitch the photos?

Beautiful.

What app did you use, and what settings?
What did you use to stitch the photos?

So I get asked this a lot as to what hardware and software I use.

For this shot it was my old Inspire 1 v1. I use 3 different pieces of software and some times depending on battery life ill use them all to capture a 360 pano because results can vary. DronePan Community you can download for free, Litchi and Autoflight Logic’s Autopilot User Group are the 3 main ones, each also outside of drone pan has other options you can do.

Once I have captured the 360 panos (I used Raw + Jpeg) and some times Ill also test out AEB 3 bracketed photos. I then use 2 pieces of software to stitch them together each one also has various results but on my Mac I use AutoPano Pro or PTGUI, they are pretty powerful but most people find them clunky to use or to figure out how to fix their panos.

Ill prob write a blog post or do a video on this soon. Once the pano is completed I'll usually take it into photoshop make any corrections with the healing brush, then add in missing sky (lots of videos if you search on how to do this).. After that its just a matter of uploading them to Facebook, Sky Pixel or your own blog website. You can see a week ago I took a pano in a similar area but w/o snow

Reactions: zulu and SanCap

For this shot it was my old Inspire 1 v1. I use 3 different pieces of software and some times depending on battery life ill use them all to capture a 360 pano because results can vary. DronePan Community you can download for free, Litchi and Autoflight Logic’s Autopilot User Group are the 3 main ones, each also outside of drone pan has other options you can do.

Once I have captured the 360 panos (I used Raw + Jpeg) and some times Ill also test out AEB 3 bracketed photos. I then use 2 pieces of software to stitch them together each one also has various results but on my Mac I use AutoPano Pro or PTGUI, they are pretty powerful but most people find them clunky to use or to figure out how to fix their panos.

Ill prob write a blog post or do a video on this soon. Once the pano is completed I'll usually take it into photoshop make any corrections with the healing brush, then add in missing sky (lots of videos if you search on how to do this).. After that its just a matter of uploading them to Facebook, Sky Pixel or your own blog website. You can see a week ago I took a pano in a similar area but w/o snow
Thanks! I use Litchi and Autopilot as well and have DronePan, although I have not done pano's much yet. I'm going to explore this further.
The stitching gave me the most headaches. Haven't tried those Mac softwares yet but I'll have a close look at it.

I could not figure out how to embed my pano here.

Great abbreviated description! I am using all the software you mentioned and one more. I wanted to stop relying on 3rd party 360° storing servers and create custom panos for my clients without any type of ads for them or myself. Ads only for the clients needs. I set up my own Amazon S3 server and purchased Panotour Pro. Here is an example Tarpon Estates | Virtual tour generated by SanCap Aerial

I could not figure out how to embed my pano here.

Great abbreviated description! I am using all the software you mentioned and one more. I wanted to stop relying on 3rd party 360° storing servers and create custom panos for my clients without any type of ads for them or myself. Ads only for the clients needs. I set up my own Amazon S3 server and purchased Panotour Pro. Here is an example Tarpon Estates | Virtual tour generated by SanCap Aerial

Thanks for sharing :) hehe..

I preferPano2VR over Panotour Pro, has way more options and customizations.

Thanks! I use Litchi and Autopilot as well and have DronePan, although I have not done pano's much yet. I'm going to explore this further.
The stitching gave me the most headaches. Haven't tried those Mac softwares yet but I'll have a close look at it.

Neither PTGUI or AutoPano where able to properly give me a complete stitch so lots of manual movements of photos that where way out of place. I did get it to work or the best I could along with some touchups in Photoshop.

When you take pictures using AEB, I'm assuming you combine those images and do your HDR adjustments prior to stitching? I'm a little confused on this process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido