Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Quick Release prop mounts - are they different?

I just tested my brand new unused plastic props, and my 9 flights carbon reinforced props, to see how much play there is in them:
Brand new Plastic - 2.2mm at prop tip
CF Reinforced - 1.75mm at prop tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mounting plates are always the same. If there is a point or something written its just to put the right propeller on it. So you only have to think one you put the mounting plates on.

The only thing you must take care is to order the correct mounting plates as there are two types of motors used with the inspire which have the holes for the screws different.
I only see one set of plates offered on DJI sight how can there be different ones for different motors this is the first I have heard of this.

Thanks Mr Phantom, but I actually realise that. What I was trying to work out is whether there is any design difference between the two. I challenge someone to take even the two original plastic ones, and show me any difference between them other than the white dot. They are identical mounts as far as I can see. It's the same with the metal ones. The only variation between a CCW and a CW is what is printed on them.
They are pitched opposite look at them close set them side by side

I only see one set of plates offered on DJI sight how can there be different ones for different motors this is the first I have heard of this.

look at the first sentence in the first posting - does DJI offer CNC alloy mounts?

Indeed, that play bothered me also.
If during a harsh stop that play 'comes into play', the metal clips (quite thin and sharp) could shave off a notch of the plastic 'hub', if you even can call it that. Plastic can behave very differently with different temperatures. And when it dries out it gets very 'stable' and breaks quickly.
A metal threaded hub has no problem with temperatures. And the snap on locks provide an excellent safety backup.

Notice how DJI tries to reassure us by (suddenly) stating that the QR props are supposed to be 'carbon inforced'. Plain marketing BS. They are exactly the same material as the ST props (no mention of CF inforcement there).

It's so obvious .......are Chinese marketeers really that naive?
A quick way of knowing if carbon is present is by putting a multi meter on them. Carbon is conductive! My stock self tightening props show continuity when metering. They aren't just plastic! I don't have quick release design to test myself. Anyone else have a set of QR's and a multi meter handy?

I do not see on dji sight any mention of different cnc plates or carbon reinforced props are these aftermarket parts? also I have never seen any mention of two different motors and props. here is another thread on the subject I havent read yet Avoid non-DJI 1345S Quick Release Prop Mounts | DJI Inspire Forum
If you look at the QR props they sell on the DJI store you will notice the mentioning of carbon fibre reinforcement. Not so with the ST props. No mentioning there. But like Tj suggests above, they are all the same. They all have the same amount of carbon. And they haven't changed a bit since introduction. But 'suddenly' CF is mentioned.

Inspire 1 - 1345s Quick Release Props
EUR €9
Note: Needs to be mounted on 1345s Propeller Installation Kits.

1345 Carbon Fiber Reinforced Quick Release Rotor can be used with E800 tuned propulsion system, Inspire 1 and Matrice 100 platform.

I just tested my brand new unused plastic props, and my 9 flights carbon reinforced props, to see how much play there is in them:

Are you sure there's a difference at all? My stock QR's have exactly the same flexibility and weight as the after market props with white or yellow stripes.

It's a very small amount of movement, and an even smaller difference. It's hard to measure truly precisely, but there was a difference. Zero movement would be nice, but it's not enough to worry me. I'll keep an eye on it over time, if it gets worse I'll replace the props or mounts or both.

And people wonder why I stayed with the original threaded props!

Foolproof
Secure
Redundancy
Nuff said........ :cool:
I have a question. I sent my I1 back to DJI for repair after a crash. Got it back in 4 weeks with only $400 repair charge. I was stunned when I opened the box because I am pretty sure this is a new aircraft. Even the x3 gamble was new and pretty sure the RC was new. I am delighted with the situation but I swear the legs are longer on this one and it uses different props. I am guessing these are the quick release props that I have heard and read about. I felt pretty comfortable with the screw on props with the prop locks. So now this is a new deal. One of the props has a white dot. Can you give me any advice?

I have a question. I sent my I1 back to DJI for repair after a crash. Got it back in 4 weeks with only $400 repair charge. I was stunned when I opened the box because I am pretty sure this is a new aircraft. Even the x3 gamble was new and pretty sure the RC was new. I am delighted with the situation but I swear the legs are longer on this one and it uses different props. I am guessing these are the quick release props that I have heard and read about. I felt pretty comfortable with the screw on props with the prop locks. So now this is a new deal. One of the props has a white dot. Can you give me any advice?
The newer inspire pro has longer legs to compensate for the bigger camera. Maybe you got the newer release?

The inspire 1 version D came with QR props. You probably got these.

I advise you to upload pictures please!

Two props should have white dots.

No white dots on the DJI QR props with the yellow stripes. I just coloured in the DJI logo with white marker to easily tell the difference.

I'm pretty sure these are made from the same carbon mix as the nude stock props ... but they are painted and meant for the 800 population system. I have used both white/yellow and found the stock to be the best.

The stock feel lighter but have not weighed them and they are also carbon reinforced. Actually all of the props in this range are. The stock props under the light since nude, shimmer from the carbon mix. The tuned system is painted black then striped. (extra weight) The stripes do look cool though.

The Stock Nude Propellers have performed best in my comparison tests (none have been balanced or paired by weight). I tested each set of propeller system with three different batteries and under open interference free areas. The stability of the stock propellers excelled in two areas

1. while hovering at different altitudes.
2. slow motion movements ( filming a walking scene for example or when landing onto a platform or the roof of your pickup )

Reactions: Lesmess
There was a video somewhere, probably in the Phantom forum, of someone weighing the carbon reinforced props, and finding them lighter than the stock props. Lighter and more rigid, which should give better responsiveness over a more flexible prop, and the weight saving, whilst only small, should potentially make some (albeit tiny) difference.

It would be more complicated for the Inspire, because they'd need to be compared to both stock QR, and probably also stock Self-tightening props, and then the ST's would also need to be compared in both stock and carbon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379