Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RAW DAS/NAS Storage

Thanks for your pro information,
But I'm not a pro on editing, but since I purchased the X5R I felt that I must upgrade my informatics system and I am waiting for my new Mac Pro with this configuration:
12 cores 2,7 GHz with 30 Moin cache N3
64Go(4x16Go) of memory ECC DDR3.
1T of stocking flash PCLe.
Two graphic processors AMD FirePro D700 with 6Go of VRAM GDDR5 each.
So what else do I need for editing, not a full movies of 2 hours but some nice clips of max 15 minutes.
Once I edited them I can stock them were ever on a chip hard disk , way sould I spend more K € just for stocking my finished projects?
Thanks in advance.

Storage. Lots of storage :)

That machine looks great but free space on that 1TB internal drive will disappear faster than Republicans at a Hillary Clinton fan club gathering...
If you really promise that they will despair I'm ready to invest on a a Raid, which one you propose?

Thanks for your pro information,
But I'm not a pro on editing, but since I purchased the X5R I felt that I must upgrade my informatics system and I am waiting for my new Mac Pro with this configuration:
12 cores 2,7 GHz with 30 Moin cache N3
64Go(4x16Go) of memory ECC DDR3.
1T of stocking flash PCLe.
Two graphic processors AMD FirePro D700 with 6Go of VRAM GDDR5 each.
So what else do I need for editing, not a full movies of 2 hours but some nice clips of max 15 minutes.
Once I edited them I can stock them were ever on a chip hard disk , way sould I spend more K € just for stocking my finished projects?
Thanks in advance.

The storage that's inside your Mac Pro is really intended to hold work-in-progress only, plus act as scratch disk so you don't over-task your RAM. You wont store your RAW files or finished (or temporarily shelved) projects there. That's what external storage is for.

I'm much more about still photography myself, so I'll defer to the experts about video storage requirements. In the following article, you should look at the requirements for the Lumix GH4 as a guideline: How Much Hard Disk Space Do You Need If You Shoot In 4K? | 4K Shooters

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
The storage that's inside your Mac Pro is really intended to hold work-in-progress only, plus act as scratch disk so you don't over-task your RAM. You wont store your RAW files or finished (or temporarily shelved) projects there. That's what external storage is for.

I'm much more about still photography myself, so I'll defer to the experts about video storage requirements. In the following article, you should look at the requirements for the Lumix GH4 as a guideline: How Much Hard Disk Space Do You Need If You Shoot In 4K? | 4K Shooters

Can you clear something up for me, last couple of times I have tried to export a sequence in premiere Pro to either match the 4K or as a 1080p file , which is of 4K footage, has a title and a soundtrack and lasts 2 minutes 5 secs Adobe Premiere Pro has stopped responding and I've had a low ram warning. Like I said I have the 5K iMac with 32GB ram and a 4GB graphics card, why would just that cause an issue.

Reactions: Kilrah
Can you clear something up for me, last couple of times I have tried to export a sequence in premiere Pro to either match the 4K or as a 1080p file , which is of 4K footage, has a title and a soundtrack and lasts 2 minutes 5 secs Adobe Premiere Pro has stopped responding and I've had a low ram warning. Like I said I have the 5K iMac with 32GB ram and a 4GB graphics card, why would just that cause an issue.
Talk to one of the video guys here -- not me. I'm about stills. Maybe try @gruvpix or @damoncooper

Thanks you all, you are so helpful for me, and I think that ones I get my X5R will have much question to post, min while I feel that I have to dig and learn deeply to find the best solution for me and ather with your experience.
Thanks all

Try rendering your effects first and then outputting.

Adobe Premiere Pro has stopped responding and I've had a low ram warning. Like I said I have the 5K iMac with 32GB ram and a 4GB graphics card, why would just that cause an issue.
Change the RAM usage preferences in Premiere and reduce what's allocated to it. That figure is (very) misleading.

Reactions: gruvpix
So can someone clarify the best way to use my new storage with my iMac. What do I put where, X5R exported .dng files and the New premiere project I create. Do they all go on the external drive and then export the project to the desktop?? Just want to make sure the footage plays back smoothly whilst I'm editing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool