Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC 1.8 update problem

DJI should be disgusted....make sure your firmware updates work flawlessly or don't release them. I for one hope someone sues your *** off.
Maybe this is the way they do things in China, if all works ok, no harm no foul. No quality control, take the money and run !

@Curt I feel your frustration but please stop making the comments that are, for all intents, a little racist. I don't think that this is a sign of how the Chinese do business, it's more likely that DJI just don't fully or adaquetly test their FW before release and they're always rushing towards the next product. The culture in the company is what is at fault.

We all get a little frustrated with dji, but
Know one is forcing us to buy their products, so learn from troubleshooting and enjoy this aircraft.

People need to read directions before updating firmware.

If you need to roll back your FW on your Controller follow this

It's got nothing to do with reading instructions, I did it by the book and then spent over an hour trying to get everything to work again and you shouldn't have to roll back your firmware. Like I said before, if the firmware isn't 100% flawless....DON'T RELEASE IT.
And like someone else said, we are not beta testers...Are DJI going to pay for our crashed drones because their firmware updates were buggy?? I don't think so
So DJI if you firmware updates are not 100% flawless...DON'T F%#@KING release them

Reactions: Willivey910
I downloaded firmware and updated my AC first. I have the original Inspire 1 with X5 camera. The AC and camera update was successful. I was not able to upgrade my RC, however...I keep getting the Lost Signal message. I followed all procedures correctly, and tried several times.

To this point, I don't think DJI has issued any follow-up communication regarding this issue...which others are having as well. I'm getting information through this forum that there is a problem and something will be done to correct it? In the meantime, DJI says nothing.

So I'm supposed to roll back firmware and then wait until something happens, based on rumors from a forum. I have over $8k of my hard-earned cash invested in my system and I have no idea what's really going on with all of this.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

Reactions: PerthPilot
Connect your iPad to the RC power up the Inspire 1 and see if you receive a notice to download in procoss from DJIs website. The USB method did no work for me yesterday, I used the new procoss like the P4 works.

Hope that helps!

Just updated pro to 1.8 firmware but when I plug USB stick into RC to update it won't recognise it??
any suggestions
As @Mad_angler1 has mentioned (and me and numerous others on this forum) updating the remote through USB is no longer supported - that means IT DOESN'T WORK trying to update via that method anymore! It has been like this since August of last year. This is clearly stated in the release notes so your comment of how you updated 'by the book' is not strictly true is it?

As @Mad_angler1 has mentioned (and me and numerous others on this forum) updating the remote through USB is no longer supported - that means IT DOESN'T WORK trying to update via that method anymore! It has been like this since August of last year. This is clearly stated in the release notes so your comment of how you updated 'by the book' is not strictly true is it?
Sorry but yes it is, I tried both ways without any result. In the end I had to delete and install the whole thing again

Connect your iPad to the RC power up the Inspire 1 and see if you receive a notice to download in procoss from DJIs website. The USB method did no work for me yesterday, I used the new procoss like the P4 works.

Hope that helps!

Tried that. NO GO.

Just a thought.. What if one simply checks for the RC firmware upgrade prompt in the DJI Go App first before doing the firmware upgrade on their Inspire?

Steps would be like this:
1) Power up the RC and DJI Go App.
2) Check for RC firmware upgrade prompt.
3) If RC firmware upgrade prompt is available, power off RC and proceed to upgrade firmware on the Inspire.
4) Once Inspire firmware upgrade is complete, power up the RC and DJI Go App and proceed with RC firmware upgrade.

Has anyone experienced a situation where there was a RC firmware upgrade prompt in the DJI Go App, then after upgrading the firmware on the Inspire, the RC firmware upgrade prompt disappears?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg