Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC Link lost after updating to fw v1.80

Reaction score
Hello guys,

today I needed to do a quick 10 seconds video to a building downtown, as I haven't used the Inspire in the last weeks I knew I will have to update, I started early
1. and copied the firmware file to the SD card
2. turned on AC and the update started, after a few minutes the sound changed to BEEEP ... BEP BEP indicating the firmware update was complete. I mounted all 4 bateries and did the update on each one.

On the txt file I did found the confirmation

========== 2016.04.17 17:11:29 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

I than updated the Master remote, than the slave Remote and went out of my office to make a test, I was with my kids and the bikes on the car hoping to make a quick test and than go with the bikes in a park .. ofcorse my plan didn't worked :( when i reached the place to make the test I seen the message RC SIGNAL LOST

I could see the video feed on the ipad, also could move the gimbal .. but that was it, I couldn't arm the AC

Came back home and also updated the DJI Go app, but still no luck, now I see the new interface, and once I seen for a second the green message READY TO FLY but after that the RC LINK LOST message appeared again.

I checked the ABOUT menu and I see the old firmware on the AC v1.7.00.90+ .. how could this be possible ? Having the the message that the latest firmware is installed but the app to display AC firmware as the previeous version ?

I remember last time I had problems , the guys from DJI told me to reinstall the app .. maybe I should try again this time too, but is annoing to do this every firmware update :(

AC fw v1.7.00.90+
RC fw 1.5.8
App v2.7.2

Attachments

• File_000 (4).png
    File_000 (4).png
    2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Even more weird things, I hooked up the iPhone instead of my tablet, minutes before I updated the app to the latest 2.7.2 but check out what version does the iPhone says my AC has .. very very weird.

Attachments

• File_000 (5).png
    File_000 (5).png
    854.3 KB · Views: 13
  • File_001 (3).png
    File_001 (3).png
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • File_002 (1).png
    File_002 (1).png
    747.7 KB · Views: 13
Even more weird things, I hooked up the iPhone instead of my tablet, minutes before I updated the app to the latest 2.7.2 but check out what version does the iPhone says my AC has .. very very weird.
To can show older versions with an+ if it's not gained access to DJI servers to get the version info.

DJI Servers ? I don't think getting the AC fw version has something to do with the DJI servers, it's just a connection between the AC and the remote, no internet should be involved for getting that information

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it and now it says the RC needs to be upgraded to fw 1.6.0 .. pfff .. doing the update now, is this the latest ?

UPDATE. It's all ok now, I don't know why the only way to make it work is to uninstall the DJI GO app , it's the second time I'm forced to uninstall and install it back to make it work.

Last edited:
Hi dear
I am having the same problem
My inspire is lost signal after the last upgrade software FW01.08.01
Should I go back ?

no, just reinstall the app on your iPad or tablet. It worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry