Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC new firmware out? My iPad asking me to update RC to 1.4.30

Reaction score
Website
www.dronelink.us
So yesterday I turn my inspire one and my iPad asked me to update my Remote Controller to firmware 1.4.30
I checked DJI site for new update information and see nothing on it.
Anyone else got this?

Attachments

• IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    499.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    517.8 KB · Views: 60
You must now update RC firmware through the DJI GO App.
The firmware is downloaded (via WiFi or your cellular data plan) to your tablet and then installed via the tablet/app to your remote.

I will wait till DJI has it official download information on the website. I don't know what I am getting in to, don't want be test dummy...
I like to know what I am downloading and installing.

Thanks all

I will wait till DJI has it official download information on the website. I don't know what I am getting in to, don't want be test dummy...
I like to know what I am downloading and installing.
You may be waiting some time then. Not everyone checks the website. DJI are increasing moving to the GO app as the means of informing users of updates to the firmware and apps.

how does one go about checking current firmware? ta very much!

Hi emulsiondown,

In the go app,

Press the icon, top right of screen, "general settings"
Scroll down & you will see "about"
Press that & it will tell you all you need to know about what firmware settings you have.

This is for the IOS platform don't know if it's the same for android;)

Hope this helps;)

Hey CLAMPIT-

Followed your directions and came up with the following setting (as of 3/30/16) :

App-2.7.1
Aircraft- !.4.00.10+
RC-!.5.80
Camera-1.5.00.30

Currently my RC says the Battery & Camera need updated, but there is no update to click on, only the warnings. I have the WiFi turned on, I have reloaded DJI.Go several times, and I cycled all 4 batteries through the Aircraft. My bird will fly even with the warnings. Last time something like this happened, with my old Phantom 3 Pro, the batteries I was using started off saying they needed updated. I went ahead and flew the Phantom and they updated automatically. Not so with my Inspire V2.0.
I have tried to read every post available and if this problem has already been cussed and discussed, please point me in the right direction. I have fly away nightmares.

Thanks to any and all replies!!!

Hey CLAMPIT-

Followed your directions and came up with the following setting (as of 3/30/16) :

App-2.7.1
Aircraft- !.4.00.10+
RC-!.5.80
Camera-1.5.00.30

Currently my RC says the Battery & Camera need updated, but there is no update to click on, only the warnings. I have the WiFi turned on, I have reloaded DJI.Go several times, and I cycled all 4 batteries through the Aircraft. My bird will fly even with the warnings. Last time something like this happened, with my old Phantom 3 Pro, the batteries I was using started off saying they needed updated. I went ahead and flew the Phantom and they updated automatically. Not so with my Inspire V2.0.
I have tried to read every post available and if this problem has already been cussed and discussed, please point me in the right direction. I have fly away nightmares.

The updates for the battery and camera need to be downloaded and placed on the MicroSD card to install. They are not installed via the app. Go to the DJI.COM.

Reactions: John Archer
Hey CLAMPIT-

App-2.7.1
Aircraft- !.4.00.10+
RC-!.5.80
Camera-1.5.00.30

John, you need to update the aircraft and batteries not through the app but via the firmware file which must be loaded onto the MicroSD card and loaded into the camera.
The remote and app must NOT be on during this process.
There are quite a few threads on the update process and DJI have some instructions on the firmware update process on the Inspire downloads page.
Have a read up and if you have anymore questions then shout out on the forum and someone will be along to help. :)

Reactions: John Archer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters