Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC (Transmitter) Battery

Reaction score
Hi Inspire Pilots,

I am Volker, writing from Germany. This year in June I bought a little used Inspire 1 with round about 12 flights.

As I was struggeling in using self built copters before I was really happy to find this nice and stable plat
tform for Flying and filming.

As I was quite busy working over te summer I hadn't enough time to fly frequently. When I wanted to start again I recogniced, that my RC Battery was empty. I couldn't even switch it on. After loading everything seemed to be ok. The flight I was looking for was only prohibited by some rain. Bad luck.

After some additional weeks I tried to fly the next time and again I found the battery total empty. In contrast to the last time even loading doesn't help anymore. I put the RC to the charger and the blinking signals showed some loading progress. After disconnecting the Rc I tried to switch it on but for the firsdt time I recogniced a short white LED blinking and nothing more. The second try was without any result at all, no blinking and no start of the Rc.

I do not have any idea about mistakes I made to kill my Rc's battery but i never know.

Now I looking forward for anybody in this forum to find the required help.

Thanks in advance for your kind support. I tried to find some information about this issue in the forum but without success.

Best Regards

Volker

Volker - guten tag. Ich spreche ein bisschen deutsch ... actually my german is very rusty

I have several controllers and one controller did this to me eaxtly like yours. It is because the battery discharged too much. This Shouldn't happen but it did and is very annoying. I tried charging several times but it would not charge even after 24 hours. So I had to do surgery.

Solution - remove the cover and take out battery inside. Sometimes disconnecting it from controller and putting it back resets the charger module in controller and it starts charging again. If not charging again check the voltages of the 2S pack. If it is 6.2v or above you can fix it by charging in external lipo charger. If it is below or puffed up then you will need to buy a replacement. My pack was 6.2v and needed a 'jump start' with external charger. It has worked ok since and no problems.
'
feel free to pm me if you need help

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hi Mohan,

wir können gerne in Deutsch schreiben um Dein Deutsch zu verbessern.

Thanks for your fast response. When I am back home today I will remove the battery, doing some measurement and try to charge the battery with my Lipocharger if the voltage is in a reasonable range.

If the voltage is too low I need to check for a dealer who can deliver a new one. So far I didn't seen any Rc battery in the spareparts market.

Best Regards Volker

Volker

I don't think you can buy that battery from DJI easily. But there is a thread on inspire pilots where a clever member replaced the battery with a aftermarket battery. He put a video

All you need is a 2S 3000ma battery x2 that fits into the 'cage' - you will need to connect the balancer cables so the wires match up to the original cable - a little tricky but you can see it charges each cell separately when you see the wire harness. If you have trouble let me know and we can try and help you

it is lipo battery but as far as i can tell it isnt a smart battery like the ones for aircraft which protect themselves by self discharging and shutting down when the safe low level is reached and as such it shouldnt be stored for long periods at full charge or low charge, 60% charge is optimal for storage i believe. It should never be fully drained either, 20-30% being the lowest safe level you should let it discharge too. Sounds like yours was likely damaged from being stored at incorrect charge level. However it looks like an easy fix thanks to Mohans video find. Depending on original purchase date DJI may warranty it if you dont mind waiting a couple months, maybe less. i hear they are improving their response times especially in europe anyway. If you bought it from a local store it might even be same day replacement if you take it in.

Hi Mohan, hello Sultangirls,

Infinished the disassebly from the Lipo yesterday and found it damaged. One Cell is blown on one side. I try to call some dealers today to find a proper replacement.

Do you know the wirering for the connector? All ozher 2s lipo I habe at home habe 3 pin connectors only. Any idea for fitting 2s lipos from the market?

Thanks.

Best regards. Volker

I do not sorry, never attempted this procedure. Was the video posted above no help? I didn't watch it.

The pilot in the video above just changed the original battery and replaced it with a new original one. Hope I can find a new one easily on the market.

The pilot in the video above just changed the original battery and replaced it with a new original one. Hope I can find a new one easily on the market.
Ah, I see. He didn't explain where he got it from? Is there any legible writing on your old one? If so googling it might locate a place that sells them. Dji doesn't really sell parts but maybe if you contact them they might be able to help you locate one or possibly even warranty the controller if you're lucky.

Hi again, after the disassembly and some research in the internet I contacted the DJI Europe Sercice. They don' sell anything to me. Than I contacted a bigger German dealer and got the anseer that the RC Battery is not available as an sparepart. The only way seemed to be sending the transmitter to DJI for repair.

As I heard before this will take me 3 weeks to wait.

Is their anybody out there with a better and faster idea?

Best Regards
Volker

I was unable to understand one of your previous posts, did you mean the original bad battery inside the remote has 2 or 3 wires? youre unable to find a similar sized replacement with the same amount of wires on it? is that it?

The connector on the original battery has 4 pins and I can not find a fitting replacement.
unlikely you will find an aftermarket battery with the same connector, but can you find one the same type(2s or 3s or whatever they are, im not sure) and mah size with the same number of wires? you will probably have to cut the connector off the old one and splice it into the wires of the new battery, after properly determining which wire does what of course and making sure they end up in the same spot on the connector. Or else you could cut the connector off the wires in the controller and splice them direct or put your own connectors on both sides if preferred,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhillisSpa