Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Read before buying Matrice 100

your story does not reflect the the big picture, you are telling people thinks just don't work and that dji support is horrible. that may be the case the sometimes but its not always like that.

i also been using dji products for a while, WKM, A2. Nazas M and H s800, s900 s1000 i never touched a phantom before and the only rtf product from dji i have is the I1. they all have their problems most of the time user issues, i just seem 1 fault naza,
Yes_____1_____ I did, I thought, I purchased it through Amazon, the purveyor was Fumfie. I contacted the seller. He wanted to help until he ran across an email from DJI, he read it to me......It laid out very clearly that if they accepted a return of any DJI products that it would not be addressed and that they would then be responsible soley for the exchange. They said very clearly all repairs or returns would strictly go thru DJI only. I'm contacting Amazon today to file a dispute.

Update to the 12th service request to DJI China-

They have once again sent me instructions on how to update the RC, this will make the 12th time they have sent the same information with instructions. I continue to tell them that both of the update processes are not working for my RC,
They did however finally address (after the fourth email) the newest issue (the LiPo battery) which will not charge. I'm including below the newest email response.

i wonder why are you requesting info and posting this here, instead of on the developer forum? the matrices is specifically designed for development of software and hardware. there is not a lot of people outside that circle with a matrice.

The Inspire and Matrice are not that different. Same firmware update package for RC as Inspire. And the battery issue sounds like the same issue Inspire pilots are having also. So I'm looking under the same type of rock to find the bug.

With regards the RC not upgrading, I have seen this before and the solution was to use a RC reset patch file to restore the RC to factory condition, followed by deleting the existing App and re-installing the App (This flushes the App memory).
After starting the RC and the App, the App then offered to download the latest FW and install it.
This was successful for me and others..
So I have tried reinstalling the app. Did clear The memory and allowed for the download of the firmware update again. But it still would not accept the package. Can you tell me more about the RC patch. I have not tried this but would be happy to

I will make it available to you at
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin
Instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and update the RC with it.
2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.
3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.
4. Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.
5. After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin
6. After restarting the RC check the "About" section to find the RC is now running on the latest FW.

Reactions: DR1Drones
Instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and update the RC with it.
2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.
4. Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.
5. After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
6. After restarting the RC check the "About" section to find the RC is now running on the latest FW.

Well Aviator, you are a GodSend, you just solved that issue with Grace! The patch you sent did reset the RC to factory, I then reinstalled DJI GO app and the update performed flawlessly thru the App.

Aviator, you have solved my issue and reflected a valubale lesson to me. Sometimes we find help in the most unlikely places and by the most unlikely people, so be nice and ask for help, don't demand it!

You are a ROCKSTAR

Any idea why a new Matrice 100 Battery would drop from 98% to 3% midflight, then not charge and occasionally showing( VIA the LED's on battery) that its reporting an overcharge.

I know that with other LiPo's I have, not DJI factory, if its undercharged I can change the settings to Nicad and bust the cells to bring them to an acceptable level, then charge on Lipo, this works for me.

Not sure what to do for an overcharge situation, other than drain the battery, and truth is, the battery is fully drained. Still getting overcharge warning. The 3rd LED on battery will blink Twice per second to indicate overcharge error!

I am very pleased we found a solution for the RC
For the battery, this is an issue that was prevalent in the old FW and has been addressed in the Inspire latest FW.
The method to update the intelligent battery software was to update the Inspire to the latest FW and then whilst the FW is still in the camera, swap the batteries one by one by turning of the AC and changing the battery.
The battery upgrade is a very short process, maybe 90 or so seconds.
Once the battery has been updated, it is VERY important to do a FULL discharge (to 5% or less in one go, no interruptions!) followed by a full re-charge to 100%.
I have also read that a battery that is stubborn to update can sometimes be coaxed by putting into the fridge for a couple of hours to reduce its core temperature.
I hope this info is of assistance to you, please let us know how you get on with it..

Instructions are:
I was unable to access the 2nd BIN file you posted.
And the battery is so dead now, im not sure it will update, nor will it charge. Ive ordered a new one instead

And I meant to say Thank you sir for your help, if there is anything I can ever do for you, Im at your humble service

The second bin file was really for beta testers to clear a warning that was causing concern, so you don't really need it.
No help with the batteries anway.

And I meant to say Thank you sir for your help, if there is anything I can ever do for you, Im at your humble service
You are most welcome.
Good luck with your new Mattrice.
Don't forget to carefully calibrate your sticks (with the AC turned off) and perform a IMU calibration with the AC absolutely still (no movement or vibration whilst it calibrates)

can you please post the second bin file one more time, the above link for that patch is not working for me. Thank you

I have placed it back online again.
I don't think it will assist you though because it was only really to clear a message left over by the beta FW we were testing..

got it,

I hope someone from DJI has their eyes on you, they may want to swoop you up for support! Big Bless

I tried the second bin file because I was still getting "RC update required" notification, to confirm, it did indeed remove the warning!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
You come through more than DJI, that says allot[emoji6]! I'm thinking ballpark figure 15% market share a month lol. Yet they have paid employees working for them. Godspeed on someone picking you up[emoji6]
I have a feeling that aviator is retired or works because he wants to,but I'm sure he except some of dji's doe..lol...

Reactions: DR1Drones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD