Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Read before buying Matrice 100

Me too. I have never once felt comfortable using my Matrice. It gets maybe 20 min of flight a week. I do not trust it. If it were cheaper I would risk it. But it's not.

I will say they are making effort towards having the Matrice consumer ready. Most importantly by finally assugning it own FW update package. Just released.

Great video! Yes that's the wobble I am experiencing also. Only experiencing that with dual battery? That's the only time I have noticed it. Might try and move the top battery as far back as possible. It did work for me. Despite the CG.
It seems to me that Attitude gains may be a little stiff (to high).
With a single battery I am also experiencing a very abrupt stop and hover. When I release throttle, it jolts in opposite direction with a force that seems to make it unstable. It makes it hard to find a smooth flying experience.

Kris

When you moved the battery backwards you are talking about moving towards the tail. So the top battery is moved further behind than the lower battery. This will make the CG even more rear centric. Already the craft tips backwards when you lift at its CG

Yes towards tail. It was direclty flush with bottom battery. I found greater stability and have not experienced wobble since. However, I have only flown with dual once since noticing the issue. I'll test it out later today again with dual. And I will adjust the top battery back and forth.
Question- your bottom battery compartment is mounted as far forward as possible? It should almost be contacting FC cooling fan?

I also have the guidance platform installed above my top battery compartment.

Kris

When you moved the battery backwards you are talking about moving towards the tail. So the top battery is moved further behind than the lower battery. This will make the CG even more rear centric. Already the craft tips backwards when you lift at its CG
Do you have chassis build V1 or V2?

Do you have chassis build V1 or V2?
Chassis build v2 - doesnt appear to foul the cooling fan. In fact there is no protrusion from the cooling fan on the top plate

I can't remember but I am sure when I first assembled the aircraft I had both battery bays at the same level. It must have caused vibrations as otherwise I would not have moved it

the cooling fan should be sticking out of bottom plate not top and may be close to the butt of your bottom battery compartment. I have not had chance to fly past few days to test.

Hey Kris ..
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ...
Im sorry you're having issues with your dji aircraft. .
My experience with dji la helps me to understand your frustration. .lol...
I about blew a gasket while dealing with the repair process for my inspire. .
that being said Im glad to see someone has received their Matrice 100...
Unfortunately you're experiencing some issues getting it up in air and I know how frustrating that is,but try and not let it get the best of you and enjoy the fact that you're one of the first pilots to get a Matrice. ..
Hopefully you'll get it worked out in a timely manner. ..
let us know how it works out as I am very interested in hearing about what It takes to get a Matrice operational. .
turb...
Hello, my name is Ralph and I am new to the forum but I have some insite on the Matrice as I own 2 of them. If you purchase all the accessories that are offered and then try to fly you will be 400 + grams over AUW. This is alarming and I don't understand how you can use their specified products and not have a correct AUW. Any thoughts on this?

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I am having some issues with my M100 and wanted to know if someone else is having the same issues. It worked fine last week, but after a performing an RC firmware update it does not move. It can, however, take off, go up, land and rotate in place left or right, but it does not move forwards, backwards or from side to side. I've tried it on all stick modes (1,2,3) and it doesn't work. The simulator seems to work fine. I've tried to contact support but they haven't responded yet. Any help or comment will be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I am having some issues with my M100 and wanted to know if someone else is having the same issues. It worked fine last week, but after a performing an RC firmware update it does not move. It can, however, take off, go up, land and rotate in place left or right, but it does not move forwards, backwards or from side to side. I've tried it on all stick modes (1,2,3) and it doesn't work. The simulator seems to work fine. I've tried to contact support but they haven't responded yet. Any help or comment will be appreciated! Thanks!
Hello Lizzy, I haven't personally had that issue but it sounds like a firmware issue. Especially that it only started after doing a firmware update. Can you please post your latest firmware updates for the complete system? I will be glad to look into it. The only issue I have had is a distinct wobble under full power. Have you had this? I will try to help you as much as I can. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello Ralph. The DJI Go app tells me the aircraft version is: unknown and the RC is version is: 1.3.00. I haven't experienced the wobble issue, although I've read about it, but I don't really know, since I've only flown it 3 times for like 3-4 minutes each time. Not too confident with it yet.

Guys, I have sent back 3 Inspires for repair or replacement. One was returned repaired in 6 weeks, one replaced with new unit in 3 weeks, and one returned replaced with new unit in ONE WEEK!

DJI is doing better and better all the time!

CW

Hi, did some research on the M 100 and did not find this posting, so did purchase one lately.

The battery supplied with the unit was DOA and then a 2nd battery that we purchased from DJI was also DOA. Customer support USA Phone is of no real help. Had to reply to emails a number of times with the same information again and again just to get the first one back. Now working on the 2nd battery for RMA.

Their customer support process is a real big mess and it take way to long to get stuff done.

Will report back here, but there is are serious issues with customer support process, etc. and of course quality of equipment on batteries.

Buy from your reputable local dealers. Thats the bonus people like Ralph offer is support and knowing this product, you can't expect a call center receptionist to know anything about these products. Support dealers like Fly High. (or myself in Canada). I cant speak for other dealers but we are the same price as DJI and will deal with things like DOA batteries in house. Happy flying!

Reactions: FlyHighUSA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez