Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Realign Inspire legs

Reaction score
Just had a massivly heavy landing on my Inspire, the legs have rotated outwards at the T joints on the arms. I can see how to adjust and retighten them, but would like to know what the distance is measuring between the feet from left to right when in the travel mode and again with the gear down.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• Calibrating_the_compass1_large.jpg
    Calibrating_the_compass1_large.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 98
Just had a massivly heavy landing on my Inspire, the legs have rotated outwards at the T joints on the arms. I can see how to adjust and retighten them, but would like to know what the distance is measuring between the feet from left to right when in the travel mode and again with the gear down.
Mine measures 392cm across the outside edges of the legs where they touch the floor in gear down mode, 450mm in travel mode.

I would think it's also critical to make sure the leg angles are symmetrically identical. I don't have an angle gauge to measure these directly but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out in some way.

Good luck.

Just
Just had a thought about how to check the leg angles. Attach the props and when the leg angles are the same then the prop tips should be at the same level when lined up between the legs. I think that should work.

Just

Just had a thought about how to check the leg angles. Attach the props and when the leg angles are the same then the prop tips should be at the same level when lined up between the legs. I think that should work.

Thanks Simon,
That's just the information I needed, I'll set it all up and then when it stops raining here, take it to the biggest open field I can find (in case it's not quite in trim) for a test flight.

Set everything up to your dimension and used your tip regarding lining up the props. Also realised I had broken one of the leg dampers, but with a cut down ball point pen for the tube and a spring on the end its good as new.
The test flight went perfectly, in fact in atti mode it is actually more stable than it used to be with no drifting at all.

Thanks again

My I1 stands kind of bowlegged. I see the screws that "I think" would allow me to readjust the legs but when I loosen them and try to move the legs nothing happens. Which screws are you loosening to adjust the legs?

My I1 stands kind of bowlegged. I see the screws that "I think" would allow me to readjust the legs but when I loosen them and try to move the legs nothing happens. Which screws are you loosening to adjust the legs?

Just to confirm, the legs should look slightly bowed with the feet angled towards each other, Simons measurements would show you if they are off, if they are, then the screw is under a sticker (the warranty is most probably voided if you remove it) just loosed it a couple of turns and the leg rotates within the t joint. The screws along the t joint of the arm don't need to be touched.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: DodgeP
Set everything up to your dimension and used your tip regarding lining up the props. Also realised I had broken one of the leg dampers, but with a cut down ball point pen for the tube and a spring on the end its good as new.
The test flight went perfectly, in fact in atti mode it is actually more stable than it used to be with no drifting at all.

Thanks again
Excellent - if only everything was fixed so easily.

Happy flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth