Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Really on the fence at the moment on Pro 1 purchase. Help...?

...... Im in television production and for stills I use my Mark 3 Canon. the X5 will take better pics in my opinion.....

"the X5 will take better pics in my opinion"... yes, sure, but only in the hands of a two year old.

"the X5 will take better pics in my opinion"... yes, sure, but only in the hands of a two year old.
Well, I have both and Ive been shooting tv commercials for 18 years. Im not the one to sling off at. Ive shot over 2000 tv commercials for metro tv and been paid very well for my work. Im not here to take crap from you but do your best and lets leave it at that.

Well, I have both and Ive been shooting tv commercials for 18 years. Im not the one to sling off at. Ive shot over 2000 tv commercials for metro tv and been paid very well for my work. Im not here to take crap from you but do your best and lets leave it at that.

That was not a dig at you personally, far from it, It was my opinion of the X5 versus the Canon 5D3 put in what was meant to be a humorous way..
People can read the comments here and make their own mind up, it's all healthy stuff. No need to get stroppy, you just needed to 'disagree'.

That was not a dig at you personally, far from it, It was my opinion of the X5 versus the Canon 5D3 put in what was meant to be a humorous way..
People can read the comments here and make their own mind up, it's all healthy stuff. No need to get stroppy, you just needed to 'disagree'.
Ok.. I disagree. The fact is Im not a technical person. I dont care how a camera is made.
I just want the images for my productions. Many say they are not happy with the X5.. but in what way? If we gave them a Mark 3 Canon they would say the same thing. We have to learn to use a camera. The X5 is not like the P3 or X3. The X5 is a cam that requires some knowledge to get it to work. All I ono wis I can send my X5 up and take a photo that will at least equal the photo my mark 3 will produce. Im not suggesting to use it on portraits or whatever but for a camera the size of a small tin of baby food it does an amazing job.
I shoot tv commercials with mine and when we get the x5 adapter for an Osmo, I will use it a lot more. Its my living. this is my work and I do the best i can. I think the photos from my X5 are stunning with a touch up in lightroom. How does one get sharper than that?

I own most of the platforms out there (not all) and I can tell you hands down for me I will take the X5 any day. The stills from my experience are brilliantly sharp, the video the same especially using the DJI Focus system that allows for much smoother focus pulling versus the tap on the screen method. Thumbs up from me.

^^ Sorely tempted with the Focus System, but loathed to invest any more money in DJI.
Would be interested to hear others' comments on the system.
Yes, totally agree that the X5 is currently probably the best practicable flying system available at the moment....

^^ Sorely tempted with the Focus System, but loathed to invest any more money in DJI.
Yes, totally agree that the X5 is currently probably the best practicable flying system available at the moment....

That's right,... and tomorrow there will be something better....Technology changes 6 months to a year before you buy it......:)

You have Ralphs comments right above you. I bought a 14 to 42 lens based on what he says. He has been a huge help to me and Im using it to make money. It depends what you are using your camera for. If you are making money then it doesn't matter. Just buy the best always. If its a hobby then you have to accept that you can't expect to have to buy everything. Just buy what you thin k will give you the most fun. For man y of us here, we are pros and we know the value of always having the most up to date we can buy. Its how we make our money and it costs us nothing to upgrade as we get more work out of it. I am not technically minded and just want things to work. The only thing D.I.Y. about me is if someone asked for me to give them a hand, I say "Do it yourself"
Others love to tinker with the gear and thats great too. We all get something different from our choices. Just buy what you want.

Reactions: kcobello
^^
Money, per-ce isn't an overriding factor. I'd happily pay more for better kit.
Many years ago I invested in some Canon equipment. Little did I know that now I'd be sitting on a £60k+ investment.
That is because I 'bought into' the Canon system, the more I bought the more I became entwined in the system.
I don't actually regret that, especially as over the years the Canon customer service (CPS) has been second to none.

I don't want to be caught up with DJI in the same way, at least until we have better experience of the company.
For that reason alone (Oh, and a Ronon-M killed by a SW update) I'll not be investing any more in DJI for the time being.

Canon, Nikon, DJI...They are all the same.. Give DJI a few years, they will balance out. I have been with Nikon products for over 10 years. They are professional and NO different than DJI. Need something repaired Nikon wants $250 just to look at it, at least when I have had repaires, D3, 70-200, 24-70 (Lens). If you have been with Canon so long have you found the perfect camera that does it all???? NOPE...a big NOPE. You never will,...why? 1) because there are tradeoffs with features, but more importantly it would hurt the overall profit by limiting the number of cameras you buy for that 1 or 2 features you needed...Sony is the same. Sorry if this is off the subject in this thread. I feel DJI is the same way...and maybe because that's just the best they can do and still make the business and product prosper...:)

Canon, Nikon, DJI...They are all the same.. Give DJI a few years, they will balance out. I have been with Nikon products for over 10 years. They are professional and NO different than DJI. Need something repaired Nikon wants $250 just to look at it, at least when I have had repaires, D3, 70-200, 24-70 (Lens). If you have been with Canon so long have you found the perfect camera that does it all???? NOPE...a big NOPE. You never will,...why? 1) because there are tradeoffs with features, but more importantly it would hurt the overall profit by limiting the number of cameras you buy for that 1 or 2 features you needed...Sony is the same. Sorry if this is off the subject in this thread. I feel DJI is the same way...and maybe because that's just the best they can do and still make the business and product prosper...:)
Yup - the perfect camera doesn't exist.....at ANY price.
Nor does the perfect lens - they are all a compromise.

Reactions: kcobello

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komalss