Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Really pissed off.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping against hope that someone can give me some help.

I bought a slave remote for my inspire 1 quite a while ago. I used once after setting it up as a slave and it worked perfectly.
It has since sat in my case and not been used at all. I have upgraded each time a new upgrade came out, and tried the remote a few days ago. Turns out that it won't connect at all. It keeps saying "disconnected".
I have been in touch with DJI, but their service sucks. Their emails are totally redundant, they don't seem to understand English as they are giving me solutions that have nothing to do with my problem, and that don't work.
One person at DJI told me to reset the remote and gave me one method - rc off, hold c1, c2, video button and push camera wheel, and then cycle on. Another person at DJI told me to turn on RC and then hold down c1, c2 and shutter button, then cycle rc off and on.
Needless to say, nothing worked, and now they're telling me to send the remote in for repairs? What on earth?
It was used once, and now doesn't work? Any other ideas that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Hi Kilrah,

Thanks so much for your reply.
The only problem is how do I upgrade the firmware if the remote doesn't connect to the tablet/phone? It says "disconnected" in the top status bar, but the phone does show that it's charging off the usb port.

I don't use Samsung devices but most likely it's a permission issue somewhere. Can you take whichever device is working and try to use it, along with the cable on the controller that won't connect?

Hi all,

I'm hoping against hope that someone can give me some help.

I bought a slave remote for my inspire 1 quite a while ago. I used once after setting it up as a slave and it worked perfectly.
It has since sat in my case and not been used at all. I have upgraded each time a new upgrade came out, and tried the remote a few days ago. Turns out that it won't connect at all. It keeps saying "disconnected".
I have been in touch with DJI, but their service sucks. Their emails are totally redundant, they don't seem to understand English as they are giving me solutions that have nothing to do with my problem, and that don't work.
One person at DJI told me to reset the remote and gave me one method - rc off, hold c1, c2, video button and push camera wheel, and then cycle on. Another person at DJI told me to turn on RC and then hold down c1, c2 and shutter button, then cycle rc off and on.
Needless to say, nothing worked, and now they're telling me to send the remote in for repairs? What on earth?
It was used once, and now doesn't work? Any other ideas that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce
Ok - If not done already you will need to update the slave controller to v1.6 as the encryption changed last time a remote firmware update was issued.
Your master is updated along with your aircraft but the slave will be unable to 'see' the aircraft telemetry etc since they are currently on different encryption methods.
Make sure your aircraft and master remote remains OFF for the entire update process.
Fire up your slave remote and tablet and make sure they are connected to the internet
Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the tablet to both read what firmware is currently on your slave remote AND compare it with what is sitting on DJI servers (currently v1.6).
After a couple of minute you should get a message in the app that says an update is required.
Follow the prompts and allow it to update over the internet (do NOT turn on your aircraft or master remote while this is updating).

Once completed you should have a working Master/Slave system again.

Ok - If not done already you will need to update the slave controller to v1.6 as the encryption changed last time a remote firmware update was issued.
Your master is updated along with your aircraft but the slave will be unable to 'see' the aircraft telemetry etc since they are currently on different encryption methods.
Make sure your aircraft and master remote remains OFF for the entire update process.
Fire up your slave remote and tablet and make sure they are connected to the internet
Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the tablet to both read what firmware is currently on your slave remote AND compare it with what is sitting on DJI servers (currently v1.6).
After a couple of minute you should get a message in the app that says an update is required.
Follow the prompts and allow it to update over the internet (do NOT turn on your aircraft or master remote while this is updating).

Once completed you should have a working Master/Slave system again.
Thanks so much for your reply.
Maybe I'm missing something or not understanding the response properly, but for some reason, the remote won't connect to the tablet/phone etc. I can't update anything at all because it just says "disconnected".
I left the tablet connected with DJI Go app running for 10 minutes. Nothing, except the remote beeping to let me it was still on.
I don't use Samsung devices but most likely it's a permission issue somewhere. Can you take whichever device is working and try to use it, along with the cable on the controller that won't connect?
I'm using the same tablet and phone with the same usb cords on the master, and having no problems with that at all. Therefore, in my limited understanding, I don't think it's a permission issue.

Last edited:
How far is "quite a while ago"?
The remote might still be on a version that needs it to be updated using a USB thumb drive. Try that.

Reactions: Eye in the sky
Okay, here's the update.

I reset the RC (again), put in a usb with version 1.3 and the remote started beeping fast and flashing a red light Not good.
I called DJI (again) and they sent me a file to totally reset the remote. I tried that, and the remote is no longer flashing red or beeping, it's just sitting there sweetly with a solid red light and nothing else. After everything they suggested, it's still not doing anything.
I'm hoping that someone else has some great ideas for me.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce.

Its supposed to beep fast and blink while it updates its firmware. Its annoyingly loud and goes on forever until finished. Atleast this is the case on newer firmwares.

I think maybe you have aborted a firmware update and have to try again.

If you plug the USB in the computer it should be a ".log" file there after update. It will tell you the update result.

Its supposed to beep fast and blink while it updates its firmware. Its annoyingly loud and goes on forever until finished. Atleast this is the case on newer firmwares.

If you plug the USB in the computer it should be a ".log" file there after update. It will tell you the update result.
I think it's supposed to blink blue and make 4 short tones over and over while updating. This was blinking red and just beeping without any breaks.

Yes you are right. Forgot that. Found this in a pdf i downloaded somewhere. Maybe its helpfull:
1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success. Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method: a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site. b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive. c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote controller is turned off. d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update. e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success. f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade the remote controller.

Charging the rc now, I'll try this a little later. Really upset that a brand new/used once remote doesn't work after an update and they're telling me to send it in for repairs.

Still nothing working. Getting desperate. Any other ideas? How do I tell if the usb port has stopped working?

I know this sounds absurd but have you tried pulling USB cable from phone and then pushing back in?

There is a small button on the aircraft that you need to press after the c1/c2 sequence that will link the bird up

The issue isn't with the bird (I think), the issue is that the remote won't connect with the tablet at all. "Disconnected " is all that comes up on the status bar of the tablet. I've tried unplugging and replugging, using different cables, different tablets and nothing works.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The issue isn't with the bird (I think), the issue is that the remote won't connect with the tablet at all. "Disconnected " is all that comes up on the status bar of the tablet. I've tried unplugging and replugging, using different cables, different tablets and nothing works.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Try it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido