Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rear Camera For Inspire 1...

Reaction score
i was thinking a basic 600mw.. powered by small 3s battery just to attact to inspire 1 rear ... so i will not hit something while i move backward... anyone done this ? and does the i1 use 5.8 ghz video link or 2.4 ?

We do all types of dual camera setups from FLIR to regular lipstick style with the second camera being powered by a separate pack or powered by the flight battery, Yes, what you are describing is one of the ways it can be done. I prefer a 180 degree rear camera for the purposes you described because it gives you the most bang for the buck. Using this camera you can see the rear which is the point and also both sides thanks to the 180 degree lens, I have this on my personal bird, it has a nice pivot mount and sends a really nice color image to your monitor. All in all it's a great thing to have. If you need some help just give me a shout.

• 922.7~927.7 MHz (Japan Only)
5.725~5.825 GHz

2.400~2.483 GHz

Respectfully,
Ralph

Reactions: Timjajr
Now you have me curious about this rear facing camera setup. Looking forward to pictures.

We do all types of dual camera setups from FLIR to regular lipstick style with the second camera being powered by a separate pack or powered by the flight battery, Yes, what you are describing is one of the ways it can be done. I prefer a 180 degree rear camera for the purposes you described because it gives you the most bang for the buck. Using this camera you can see the rear which is the point and also both sides thanks to the 180 degree lens, I have this on my personal bird, it has a nice pivot mount and sends a really nice color image to your monitor. All in all it's a great thing to have. If you need some help just give me a shout.

• 922.7~927.7 MHz (Japan Only)
5.725~5.825 GHz

2.400~2.483 GHz

Respectfully,
Ralph
Yes I am indeed very interest to know what types of mounts you have for the flir vue setup. I currently have it on another quad, but would like to see the mounting options for it and my vtx on my inspire.

I wasn't able to get my files recovered but here is one of the cameras we have been integrating into various platforms. We are mounting the Flir in several different ways based on customer needs. Sometimes we use a simple GoPro mount, wire suspension but other times we use a gimbal if panning and tilting remotely are needed. The second pic posted represents a simple set up to get the Flir image from the camera out to a ground based monitor. This particular Flir camera records on board 8 bit digital video and 14 bit stills to a removable micro sd card. The Flir camera also has a low power blue tooth module so you can easily configure it via an Android or IOS app. This obviously is a higher end camera system. There are other systems and versions that are more economically friendly. It really depends on your needs. I am currently doing a build now for a university and I will be posting pictures soon of the finished product. If you need more detailed information please email me directly at our business email.
[email protected] or call us at
270-473-1409

Respectfully,
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 31
Yes we use many different types of dampening plates. It all depends on what size camera, intended purpose, flying style, and level of manipulability. Some people want a fixed simple to just tilt mount. Others want a more complex suspension system like the wire suspension photo all the way up to and including a gimbal for panning and tilting. All of these mounts will include a vibration dampening plate. Here are some examples of different types we have used in the past. We treat every build as a unique one with a unique set of challanges and goals. Taking an idea from concept to a working solution is an amazing experience that I love to be a part of. Let us know if we can help you. These pics are only examples of different type mounts we use. Not all of these pictures represent the plate we use on an Inspire, every build is unique. I look forward to hearing from you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Timjajr
We just received an order of Flir Vue PRo's and OMG these are amazing!!! The resolution is amazing. I cant want to try out the DJI XT which is the equivalent of the Flir Vue PRo. This is an amazing piece of tech. I hope we see the DJI Xt soon

It could be but I doubt it I really think the price point will be somewhere around 4500 to 6500 for the two different resolutions but who knows it could be anything. Purely speculation at this point I guess I better start saving now

We just received an order of Flir Vue PRo's and OMG these are amazing!!! The resolution is amazing. I cant want to try out the DJI XT which is the equivalent of the Flir Vue PRo. This is an amazing piece of tech. I hope we see the DJI Xt soon
how much is the flir vue pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD