Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Regatta Coverage

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Though I decided not to launch the Inspire from a pitching deck due to compass interference from the boats components and a general concern with catching the bird again, the Phantom V1 with a 2D gimbal played pinch hitter and got some OK footage. Flew the I1 from the hard to get harbor activities comfortably with everything I needed to frame, shoot and navigate right in front of me. The weak signal of the Phantom AVL58 made FPV less than useful so I ended up flying LOS and framed blind.

Love to really sort out a safe way to fly from the water with confidence going up off a deck in wind AND safely catching the bird on the return trip

Great stuff. Yea the Inspire 2 with AVL58 pales in comparison to the Inspire... We've got one collecting dust since February.
Cool music too

Very cool Jon, you were pretty far out there.
when I was a kid I used to sail sunfish - those boats are big and cool, nicely done!

1) - What kind/size of boat were you launching/landing from, (you have your own boat)?
2) - How incredibly risky, never with the Inspire I'm sure, (no parts to recover and sell if you crash out there). Did someone pay you to take this risk, or was it just for the thrill?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry