Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Registraion Sticker Dimensions

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are recommendations for the size of the sticker that has to be placed on the drone? I could not find any reference for one in what I have read so far.

I dont have the exact verbiage anymore but it is on the final registration page. It says it just need to be visible without tools (I assume that means visible by the human eye) and can be written in marker. It can also be displayed under a battery door. I printed out labels and stuck to the inside spine of my batteries. Seems nothing fancy is required. Sounds like they just need some markings so when you crash it into something they can find the number somewhere on it.

Reactions: Malum
No there is no size specification for your sticker. I used a label machine and font size 9. It large enough to see up close. Remember that any one copying your number can use it because that number does not describe your drone or drone serial number. You can be a victim so easy with this registration program.

No there is no size specification for your sticker. I used a label machine and font size 9. It large enough to see up close. Remember that any one copying your number can use it because that number does not describe your drone or drone serial number. You can be a victim so easy with this registration program.
Yeah! I see on the phantom pilots forum, Someone started a thread and asked what is your registration number? I'm really surprised how many people have fallen into giving it up publicly. Don't do it folks! Treat it like a PIN number.

I'll just use a PC based label maker and stick it inside the battery compartment as many have suggested. That way you're in compliance without the risk that someone might steel your number or report you just because they hate drones.

I'm not completely afraid of the big brother thing and I'm thinking of including some more info in case I lose it and someone finds it. I'm thinking of a label with:

Name
Cell Phone Number
Email
Registration #

No address however...

Brian

If this helps, here is the info published into the National Policy 8900.338 (New Requirement for Registering and Marking Small Unmanned Aircraft" document published by the FAA.

"d. Readable and Easily Located Markings. The rule requires registration markings to be readable and easily located on the small unmanned aircraft. Only the aircraft must be marked with the registration number. This may include placing a marking in a compartment on the unmanned aircraft that can be opened without the use of tools. The rule requires the registration of the unmanned aircraft, not the associated system equipment (e.g., controller). "

I'll just use a PC based label maker and stick it inside the battery compartment as many have suggested. That way you're in compliance without the risk that someone might steel your number or report you just because they hate drones.

I'm not completely afraid of the big brother thing and I'm thinking of including some more info in case I lose it and someone finds it. I'm thinking of a label with:

Name
Cell Phone Number
Email
Registration #

No address however...

Brian

If they wanna steal your number all they need to do is look you up on the online registry. And they'll have your address too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan