Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Remote Controlled Accessory Lighting

Reaction score
A little something that I made for my Inspire 1.
Remote controlled accessory lighting system with digital effects and messaging.
I'm not sure if there is any interest from others for something like this, let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for your opinions and input.
Safe flying.

Nice work. I made a bright blue led mounted to the back plate using a 2s 120mah battery to keep weight down. Visible for a good mile+ . Not as high tech as yours . Personally I think everyone needs one on the back an front of there cars/trucks. Hey jackoff you've been driving for 10 miles with your turn signal on etc.

Reactions: RDTech
Hello again,

Pardon my delay in checking back here, I have been putting the final touches on the code with an eye towards distributing as a consumer product.

The remote lighting system is pretty simple but that does not mean cheap.
My components are as follows ..

1 ESP8266 with 4MB of FLASH, built in WiFi, 3.3V regulator, CP2104 USB-Serial Converter, Built in LiPoly Charger.

3 Neopixel 4x8 boards with level up shifter.

1 Lithium Ion Battery - 3.7v 2000mAh

Each hardware component cost me approximately $15, totaling $75.

The real trick was designing the Case to correctly hold these pieces while facilitating proper attachment to the Inspire, and the Programming, debugging, and testing of the features and effects of the system

Option #1: (the fun way)
A person could purchase their own components.
Solder a few wires via instructions.
Download my .STL and print their own case. ($15)
Download my .BIN and copy it to their remote lighting system. ($15)
Subtotal ($30)+Plus your components

Option #2:
A person could order a turnkey system.
Wait for the hardware parts to come to me. ($75)+Shipping($7)
Wait for my professional 3D printing service to produce the case. ($36)+Shipping($5)
Have me solder a few wires. (grrr) ($35)
Have me program their lighting system. ($15)
Pack it ($2) up and ship it to you .. ($??)
Subtotal ($175)+Shipping

So there it is, at least until I find less expensive component options and can find someone as good as me to assemble. I'm using Shapeways for the printing and they are not cheap but the accuracy and quality is great, I'm sure there are less expensive services though.

That being said ..

Additionally this remote lighting system works ..

Strapped to your bike.
As an emergency light in your car.
Advertisement for your business.

I will take some video of attaching to the Inspire for those who have asked, and some of it in action .. it looks awesome.

Hello again,

Here is a video of the Remote Lighting System attaching to the DJI Inspire.
Additionally, I added a few super visible lighting algorithms.

Hiya,
How can I palce an order for this wonderful product of yours?

So .. Based on the response here and other places, I'm going to go ahead and order supplies to build a few dozen of these. It'll conservatively be two weeks for me to receive the supplies, build, program, and test.

Reactions: RDTech and badbiggz
So .. Based on the response here and other places, I'm going to go ahead and order supplies to build a few dozen of these. It'll conservatively be two weeks for me to receive the supplies, build, program, and test.
Mark me dwn for 1

Sounds good to me! Let me know if you need a deposit for the supplies. I can PayPal the money to you. You can reach me at [email protected]

Reactions: badbiggz

I should have mentioned that I'll take 2!

Go for it you don't have anything to lose people will buy it put it on eBay etc . Let me know what one of them will cost thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG