Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Remote Controller Dial Locked...

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
Since the update to firmware .240 I've started getting an intermittent error message popping up that say something along the lines of "Warning: Remote Controller Right Dial Locked. Lightly press it to adjust".

Pressing the dial dismisses the warning, but it's reappears several times in a row, then eventually seems to get bored and stays dismissed.

Anyone else experienced this one yet?

BTW, I'm not worried, I haven't had a problem with the dial as far as I'm concerned and I'm not sending the RC back to DJI (yet :D ). But it seems to be another one to add to the clutter of warnings that we're starting to be swamped with - High wind still pops up incesantly too!

Beginning to think they need to tone down the warning messages a bit :rolleyes: they're getting a bit OTT

warning is a bit odd wording since it's reminding to push in the right wheel to change camera settings like iso etc, I was wondering about this at first too....

It should work - It's a bloody stupid message, they made it behave like this to stop people fumbling and accidentally rolling the wheel and changing the value.

It's simply an advisory message to let the operator know that if they turn the wheel, it won't change the value. In order to make the change they have to press the wheel once to reactivate it, then turn it to change the value up/down.

HTH

(PS, you have given him gimbal control haven't you... until you do that the 2nd op gets video feed, but no control)

The inspire1 worked perfectly, the I2 Cendence remote and Crystal sky have many issues that need rectifying, unfortunately we are at the mercy of DJI. Hopefully there will be updates soon.

So true. On one hand it is amazing that DJI is producing new product at such a staggering rate but on the other hand most of their products are in beta stage when released to public. And we, paying customers are left to deal with the consequence of it. They rectify some issues over time and ignore others. And before we know, bingo a new product is announced which promisses the world etc etc. We get hooked by their marketing lure and the circus starts all over again. It has become a well known business patern of DJI but because they have no competition they are unlikely to change their contemptuous behaviour.

Last edited:
disappointed to find this thread... for what it's worth and hopeful DJI will fix... just bought a new Inspire 2 for several reasons, one being dual operator. We are still testing and all is going well except for the annoying and frequent "Warning Remote Controller Right Dial Locked. Lightly press it to adjust." Patched to all of the latest firmware (controller, UAV and batteries) I believe.

disappointed to find this thread... for what it's worth and hopeful DJI will fix... just bought a new Inspire 2 for several reasons, one being dual operator. We are still testing and all is going well except for the annoying and frequent "Warning Remote Controller Right Dial Locked. Lightly press it to adjust." Patched to all of the latest firmware (controller, UAV and batteries) I believe.
should have added we are using he zenmuse x4s and 2 standard controllers... photographer is using an iPad mini and the pilot an iPhone 8 plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84