Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Remote Firmware Update Issues

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered but have read so many posts on this subject which is all greatly appreciated and very helpful.

I took the plunge to buy a second remote , already have the inspire and other remote fully updated and the new remote connected no problem and works as advertised ( great ) however new remote asking for firmware update via USB to 1.3.0.00 which is on 1.20.17

Downloaded firmware extracted onto USB i used to use on my other remote exfat with no problems put .bin into the root and plugged into remote, switched on and nothing just sits with the purple light (Slave) on and battery indicators.

I have tried fully charging, different USB keys , applied the gs_ofdm which goes through the update process blue light then green, but cannot get it to take any further firmware updates from this point.

Have read most of the threads and downloaded I think all the versions and tried with no luck, spoke to DJI who inform me that due to the old firmware I need to install an intermediate version which is not available as a public download and is coming back to me with more information.

As i have tried i believe just about every version between 1.20.17 through to 1.3.0.00 I am at a loss and enquire if anyone can throw any light on the issue.

Does not even create a text file or do anything
Also tried linking to the bird with usb cable (no Luck )

The remote links as a slave and works as it should but complains about the firmware version, and with further updates may stop working so really want to get this sorted

Apologies if this has been covered but have read so many posts on this subject which is all greatly appreciated and very helpful.

I took the plunge to buy a second remote , already have the inspire and other remote fully updated and the new remote connected no problem and works as advertised ( great ) however new remote asking for firmware update via USB to 1.3.0.00 which is on 1.20.17

Downloaded firmware extracted onto USB i used to use on my other remote exfat with no problems put .bin into the root and plugged into remote, switched on and nothing just sits with the purple light (Slave) on and battery indicators.

I have tried fully charging, different USB keys , applied the gs_ofdm which goes through the update process blue light then green, but cannot get it to take any further firmware updates from this point.

Have read most of the threads and downloaded I think all the versions and tried with no luck, spoke to DJI who inform me that due to the old firmware I need to install an intermediate version which is not available as a public download and is coming back to me with more information.

As i have tried i believe just about every version between 1.20.17 through to 1.3.0.00 I am at a loss and enquire if anyone can throw any light on the issue.

The remote links as a slave and works as it should but complains about the firmware version, and with further updates may stop working so really want to get this sorted
Hi - as you are UK based I would bounce this back to the dealer since under the sales of goods act it is their problem not yours. :)
If you get no joy there and you should as they will be breaking the law if they refuse, you can claim the money back direct from your credit card company - and send them the faulty remote!

Hi - as you are UK based I would bounce this back to the dealer since under the sales of goods act it is their problem not yours. :)
If you get no joy there and you should as they will be breaking the law if they refuse, you can claim the money back direct from your credit card company - and send them the faulty remote!
Hi Think you may be right , just hoping someone had the magic bullet and I had missed a post , :(

I had nearly the same issue and used @Aviator 's file to reset the RC firmware. The trickiest part was finding the update option hidden in the status bar up top. Hope that does the trick for you too.

From his post:

There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file, put it on a USB pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. When you see the Red Message bar at the top of the App that states NO SIGNAL, swipe down from the message and see the "Upgrade Required" message in the overall status page.
Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.
After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin

Hi Think you may be right , just hoping someone had the magic bullet and I had missed a post , :(

I had the exa

I had nearly the same issue and used @Aviator 's file to reset the RC firmware. The trickiest part was finding the update option hidden in the status bar up top. Hope that does the trick for you too.

From his post:

There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file, put it on a USB pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. When you see the Red Message bar at the top of the App that states NO SIGNAL, swipe down from the message and see the "Upgrade Required" message in the overall status page.
Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.
After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin

I had the exa
Thanks for the reply's - tried all the above with no luck and great advice from all , tried as above step by step with fingers crossed , takes the gs_ofdm.bin file with blue light then green, all good but will not take any firmware from this point, have tried all the versions on different keys re-formatted, exfat , all the normal stuff but no luck.

Spent an hour on the phone with DJI yesterday , first time I have had to contact them and was dreading the process but was pleasantly surprised, BUT got to the same point , its bust needs to go back !!!!

Great forum with great support and members

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool