Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rental of Matrice 600 with D-RTK and Ronin Gimbal in NYC area

Reaction score
I'm considering trying to rent a Matrice 600 with D-RTK and a Ronin Gimbal for use for about 1 hour in NYC area. Shoot would be in NYC. You can pilot or I have a pilot that has been working with UAV's for over 35 years. Shoot would only take about 5-7 minutes and would be done in a safe area, no street or other fly over, simply straight up and down over a controlled and secure area.

But you MUST have the D-RTK as precise hover is essential. Camera gear will be about 4-5 pounds.

Let me know if interested.

Robert

OK, this is now not going to happen for at least 3 months as the FAA has declared a 2 mile radius no fly zone around Trump Tower until Jan 21, 2017. Sucks!

But can anyone chime in and tell me that the DJI stated specs are as good as they sound? Can you really hold a 3D position in a 10-20 mph wind at +/- 2 cm? This is what I wanted to test before jumping in and getting a M600 with the RTK add-on.

Anyone in this forum actually have a M600 with the RTK?

OK, this is now not going to happen for at least 3 months as the FAA has declared a 2 mile radius no fly zone around Trump Tower until Jan 21, 2017. Sucks!

But can anyone chime in and tell me that the DJI stated specs are as good as they sound? Can you really hold a 3D position in a 10-20 mph wind at +/- 2 cm? This is what I wanted to test before jumping in and getting a M600 with the RTK add-on.

Try Ralph @FlyHighUSA he may have flown one.

Over to you Ralph

Reactions: FlyHighUSA

Feel free to give me a call anytime. I happy to answer any questions you may have.
270-473-1409

Hi Ralph, thanks for the reply.

So, do you believe that the M600 with RTK can achieve a +/- 2cm 3D hover for 5-10 minutes in a 10-20 mph wind?

Also, can a Canon 5DS, Nikon D810 or Sony AR7II be used with this system?

And what is the options with the other non Rodin gimbal? Would it allow the camera to be used in portrait mode and how is it different from the Rodin?

Regards,

Robert

Last edited:
Yes I know it can definitely achieve those results. I have it on my personal bird as well as many in the field I have built for professionals. We are getting great results. I personally use a Sony A7R2 with the Ronin MX and its amazing quality. Yes it can be in either portrait or landscape mode equally. All Zenmuse camera's are compatible with the RTK accy. It's just a very nice system

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Id this a custom option, DJI does not show support for these systems.

what do you mean by this in detail ?

"The 3rd party cameras have less interface than the zenmuse but"

What is the third party module that lets you control ISO, F stop, and perhaps shutter speed too? Does it integrate into the DJI control system so you don't have to have a dangerous double WIFI going?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian