Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Repair or not? Inspire 1 X3

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by Rem, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Rem

Rem

Hi, today I was stupid and crashed my 2mounth old Inspire 1. I toucht a banner stick and the Inspire crashed from about 4m (12ft). One half Carbon landing/motor stick is broken, also the gimbal damper plate and the Batterie. But, everything seems to work. The motors, the landing gear (up and down) and the Green Light after the startup test . The gimbal I could not check.
    Now my question: would you repair this or is it to dangereous (because of following errors in the future)?
    I have also a picture from the crashed Beauty;-)
    Thanks a lot! Rem
    image.jpeg

2. SanCap

If you are in the USA contact Drone Works Zac will get you back up in the air.

3. Rem

Rem

Thank you SanCap, unfortunatly I'm in Switzerland.

SanCap likes this.
  4. m00se

id repair that... The battery looks like you can just pop it back together, it all depends on how good and confident you are

5. steelkite

Done all that and worse. Get online, buy the parts, and fix yer bird already. Lots of available vids on how to do each repair.

6. cb18046

I had a crash. I am looking for the ribbon cable that goes on the under side of the gimbal arm. Any chance you have this??

7. Chnjab

Make sure you index and mark every nut that retains a gimble motor as it is a neodinium magnet that the circuit board reads through Hall's effect to set the electronic stops. Basically by the time each oivot is about to touch the mechanical stop the motor had shut down or is about to. It seems during assembly the person assembling the gamble must have a tester and know exactly where the poles of the magnet should be oriented as they aren't marked at all. I believe ut's one of the reasons for they're policy of not repairing them along with it's far more profitable to sell new ones.

8. cb18046

So pretty much they designed a camera so poorly that if the main cable, which is vulnerable, is lost you have a pile of left over parts. Not only that its the lowest point of the drone when flying. THANKS DJI!

9. Phatzo

i had a broken arm, jerked worm gear and a broken camera. cost me 600somethin euro with service in germany. i'd get it repaired. the bird cost 3000 euro. in relation it is not so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Rem

Rem

Just to update you, my Inspire is now repaired, the costs in Swiss FR. is 1'640.00 (about the same in USD. They changed:

1 right arm component + wire set 199.00, 1 Center frame component 449.00, landing gear incl. antenna 49.00, Vibration absorbing board 119.00, Battery TB47 199.00, div. small parts and propellers 21.00, the work 594.00 + 8% tax.

They said the gimbal is making a bit noisy but works fine... I hope...