Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Replacement X5R Firmware update Problem

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have fitted a new X5R to my Inspire 1 V2 Raw.

The Inspire is on Firmware 1.9.1.30

The camera is on Firmware 1.8.1.40

The Go App tells me on the start up page that the camera needs a firmware update.

I go through the usual process of loading the Micro SD card with the latest Bin file but the update does not start. I have done this successfully in the past.
There is no txt file left on the card about the process being successful/failed.

I tried loading the previous firmware version for the camera and Inspire to get in sync but the Inspire would not update (backdate) to this either.

Drone and camera test flown and appears to function OK

Is the a way of updating the camera firmware independent of the Inspire. I do see it has a USB port.

Any advise greatly appreciated. I have a job tomorrow and it makes me uneasy knowing that something is not lined up.

Thanks

Note: Correction to my previous post

Just checked the Micro SD card after trying to go back 1 version of firmware and this message was on file

"Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

When I tried to load latest firmware this txt file did not appear on the Micro SD Card

We had the same problem. Flew anyway and all our pans & tilts were jerky. Talked to tech support and eventually had to send it to DJI for repair. I'd make a few test shots before filming.

We also couldn't get our computer to recognize the camera when plugging in via USB.

We had the same problem. Flew anyway and all our pans & tilts were jerky. Talked to tech support and eventually had to send it to DJI for repair. I'd make a few test shots before filming.

We also couldn't get our computer to recognize the camera when plugging in via USB.

Hi Jwffvm

Thanks for the feedback. I have flown and the footage is OK.
However I have also noticed that the camera is off by about 5 degrees when resetting it to straight ahead. A real problem when flying without the cameraman.

**** frustrating.

I have never plugged the camera in via USB. Have you had success with this in the past and what did it allow you to do. I have not seen any literature on connecting the the cameras USB port and its purpose.

Thanks

So far the only time we have plugged in via USB is when tech support directed us to do so. The computer didn't recognize the aircraft.

I think tech support was going to update the firmware with the USB connection, but when it didn't work we sent it in to DJI. That was 4 weeks ago and still can't fly because they didn't return the lens.

An update on my firmware issue.
The camera mentioned above at the start of this thread was replaced under warranty as it went crazy on startup and lost its heading.
I never got the firmware updated before it went crazy.

Unfortunately the replacement camera is also being stubborn and will not upgrade to the latest firmware.
As a result, every time I startup there is a camera firmware upgrade warning.

Has anybody had this problem and managed to conquer it.

Thanks Again for any help

An update on my firmware issue.
The camera mentioned above at the start of this thread was replaced under warranty as it went crazy on startup and lost its heading.
I never got the firmware updated before it went crazy.

Unfortunately the replacement camera is also being stubborn and will not upgrade to the latest firmware.
As a result, every time I startup there is a camera firmware upgrade warning.

Has anybody had this problem and managed to conquer it.

Thanks Again for any help

Well I found the issue finally.
The problem arises when downloading on a mac.

If the zip file has been downloaded before the mac will put a version number on the end of the file

This is how it should look after unzipping
WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin

This is how it looked when it did not recognise the bin file on the I1 and hence not start the firmware update. Note the 5 at the end
WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.09.01.30 5.bin

The I1 is now happily chirping away doing the update

Thanks for any input above

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue