Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

replacing motors

Reaction score
I know this is all new to Inspire 2 members so far, however i was looking on the t-motor website today for another project, and i see the MTBF is quoted at 180 hours for a similar spec motor as one the I2.

As I didnt have the I1 for long enough, I never got to a high number of hours, but have many people had much experience of having motors replaced at this sort of time scale, as did you do it yourselves, or did you have to send it away and loose your uav for a time while this was done ?

and i see the MTBF is quoted at 180 hours for a similar spec motor as one the I2.

Brushless motors do NOT "wear" out.
They do NOT have any moving parts to "wear" out.
You can "wear" out the bearings for sure, and replace them, (I have on the I1) with hybrid boca, but you can't "wear" out a brushless motor .

Why did I keep highlighting the word "wear" every time I used it??
Cause it is quite possible to "burn" out a brushless motor, with abuse or mismatched components, but you can't "wear" one out ;)

So please tell us ....... what is going on with your screw problem??

Reactions: deltalimatango
Perhaps T-Motor are quoting for bearing then ?

Still waiting for the DJI repair centre to come back to me as to whether they can sort it or whether they require new motors (at which point ill probably take it back and try cutting the plastic off with a dermal and soldering iron, as i wont be able to do more damage, if they need new motors anyway)

Perhaps T-Motor are quoting for bearing then ?

Still waiting for the DJI repair centre to come back to me as to whether they can sort it or whether they require new motors (at which point ill probably take it back and try cutting the plastic off with a dermal and soldering iron, as i wont be able to do more damage, if they need new motors anyway)

That's possible, bearing life quote.

Sorry for your troubles, hope it gets sorted quickly :)

You should have sent DJI your t-motor props to install, they would probably agree the I2 should come stock w/t-motor props. what shame providing the same old plastic problems.

Wish I could figure out the bearing size, I want ceramic bearings for my I2

boca-contact-png.12982

Attachments

• Boca Contact.png
    Boca Contact.png
    352 KB · Views: 276
Contact Boca I'm sure they have something that'll work. Do you have the motor apart or you just wandering life expectancy

Here's some additional info that I found since I was trying to change out my blades for the Carbon Fiber folding props and had all replaced except one and the last darn screw stripped out and I couldn't get it out so had to break out the drill and still couldn't get the screw out so I'm replacing the motor.

I found a website that sells the motors, which don't require soldering, just plugs into the ESC and no soldering for the antenna anymore. DJI used a connector instead.

Here's the place you can order the motor from (Note you need to know which one you need, CW or CCW rotation) - Inspire 2 3512 Motor CW (Part 04)

Here's some basic teardown info that has instructions on how to replace the motor - DJI Inspire 2 Teardown - What's inside? - RC Geeks Blog

Hope that helps folks.

Some pics from their site:
Inspire-2-Teardown-05-ESC-Board.jpg

Inspire-2-Teardown-07-Motor-Installed.jpg

Inspire-2-Teardown-08-Motor-Bottom-Plug.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadpoetryweb