Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Replacing the white schock absorber on the feet

Thanks for all your suggestions and ideas. I decided not to buy the drone even if the guy decided to sell it to me cheaper. About the shock absorber being broke in any other way than in a hard landing.. i think in this case it was really a crash since if you look at the picture i provided in a earlier post you can see that its not only the white part that is broken, the whole black lower part where the white absorber ends and attaches too is ripped up, so in my non professional opinion it looks like not only a crash but a hard crash?

Also the biggest reason i didn't buy was that the buyers character was bad and he didn't know how too talk and behave properly to buyers, for example he called me a "joker" just because i didn´t answer back his text message in 5 minutes, so he thought i wasn't serious. Who calls a potential customer for joker when he doesn't answer in 5 minutes?
Also when he finally lowered the price a little bit and i said no and told him which price i can pay and not a single dollar more, he answered "so come a take this piece of ****, but don't except any happy faces when you arrive"
Who says these things to a customer? So i couldn't lower myself and give my hard earned money to such a person with such a horrible persona and attitude.
So i rather pay much more and buy a brand new Inspire 1 or wait until i find another used Inspire 1, or i buy an Phantom 3.

You made a good choice in not buying it. That damage is definitely from a crash, and if he can lie to you about that fact, imagine what else he is lying to you about.

It truly is amazing when sellers try to swindle buyers and then get upset when the buyer doesn't fall for their lies. It is just mind boggling.

Don't worry Mr. Phantom, you will find one in much better condition!

You made a good choice in not buying it. That damage is definitely from a crash, and if he can lie to you about that fact, imagine what else he is lying to you about.

It truly is amazing when sellers try to swindle buyers and then get upset when the buyer doesn't fall for their lies. It is just mind boggling.

Don't worry Mr. Phantom, you will find one in much better condition!

Thanks for your kind words, thats exactly what i thought as well, that if he lies about that he can lie about other things as well.
For example he said that he had spoken with a retailer that had told him that the absorber can be ordered from him for about 60 USD. Then i go online and find out that it can't be replaced separately but that the whole feet must be replaced. Also if he didn't knew about the broken absorber and just found it out a minute earlier when did he talked with the retailer?
It amazes me how some sellers lie about obvious things and thinks buyers will not understand its a lie.
Actually i understood from the beginning he told me that it was lies, but i thought first that maybe its just white lies that are not harmful, that he just tries to not scare away the customer?

Anyway, i have no panic in buying a drone so i will take my time.

Anybody that knows if DJI are in the works of making an Inspire 1 version 2 with a bit more major updates?

Thanks for your kind words, thats exactly what i thought as well, that if he lies about that he can lie about other things as well.
For example he said that he had spoken with a retailer that had told him that the absorber can be ordered from him for about 60 USD. Then i go online and find out that it can't be replaced separately but that the whole feet must be replaced. Also if he didn't knew about the broken absorber and just found it out a minute earlier when did he talked with the retailer?
It amazes me how some sellers lie about obvious things and thinks buyers will not understand its a lie.
Actually i understood from the beginning he told me that it was lies, but i thought first that maybe its just white lies that are not harmful, that he just tries to not scare away the customer?

Anyway, i have no panic in buying a drone so i will take my time.

Anybody that knows if DJI are in the works of making an Inspire 1 version 2 with a bit more major updates?

You made a good choice especially how he treated you, I wouldnt buy a crashed unit unless it was way to my advantage that's for sure, Don't give up on the Inspire 1 it really is an awesome bird, just let us know if he is in our forum trying to pedal his broken product we don't need any of our Forum members to be scammed by him, especially the part he could buy the shock for $60.00 from a dealer, that was the biggest lie for sure. Glad you joined the forum and found members that support members to get the down the road with a good decision. Good luck in your venture.
Carlo

You made a good choice especially how he treated you, I wouldnt buy a crashed unit unless it was way to my advantage that's for sure, Don't give up on the Inspire 1 it really is an awesome bird, just let us know if he is in our forum trying to pedal his broken product we don't need any of our Forum members to be scammed by him, especially the part he could buy the shock for $60.00 from a dealer, that was the biggest lie for sure. Glad you joined the forum and found members that support members to get the down the road with a good decision. Good luck in your venture.
Carlo

Thanks, its very nice to hear everybody's kind words, it seems like a good community here. You are right about the Inspire 1 being an amazing drone. Some might think its too expensive but one has to think about that you get a 4K camera and a gimbal and of course the Lightbridge in that price, and its a complete RTF drone.
I have earlier looked at the S900 but then i need to buy a 4K camera and the Lightbridge, since the Lightbridge is definitely something i want on my drone, so the final price will be much higher than the Inspire. And i wonder if one would get the same flying time on a fully loaded S900 / S1000, maybe with the 22.000 mAh battery?
I don't think this guy is a member of the forum, but i will keep my eyes open.

I have had a crash tonight and one of the white feet is broken, hence how I found this site - don't fancy doing that repair - is there any new updates on spares or an easy fix?
thanks

I'm in UK so don't want to order from USA unless I have to, the import duty is ridiculous too :/

Thanks for the links

Okay so you say that the white thing has no shock absorbing effect at all? So then its just there for looks?

So it is the foot itself that does the absorbing and flexing? But since you say that the white thing is bending with the foot, then it needs to function in that way that it bends, it needs to be able to bend, maybe that white thing keeps the flexing of the foot more rigid and hard so the foot doesn't flex from too little force, if you understand what i mean?

In this particular Inspire the white thing was broken, there was one white tube hanging from the upper part of the foot, and attached to it was a metallic pin, and then on the lower side there was another piece of the white tube, the upper and lower white tube suppose to be fixed together and form one tube, so the tube was broken in half. Not sure it can be fixed by myself? It would be needed to be able to attach the two parts of the white plastic tube together.
I wouldn't believe that it is just for looks. It has a plunger,oil and everything needed to absorb shock. I think the real question in a lot of these threads is why don't 50 people get together and file a class action lawsuit against DJI for refusing to sell parts to the products they make. How long does anyone think GM or Ford would be permitted to refuse to sell a minor part in order to force us to pay for major repairs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide