Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reporting "commercial" UAV use

Your idea of character differs to mine. To me the person with character, is the one with the integrity to stand up and report wrong wherever it occurs. As the saying goes, "The only thing needed for evil to prosper, is for good people to do nothing"
The idea of a "snitch" is a stereotype promoted by those with a lot to gain from dissuading the reporting of illegal activities.
It takes true honour and integrity and character to stand against wrong, it takes cowardice to turn a blind eye.
Well there's a difference reporting dangerous behavior that could hurt someone and then there's the assclowns reporting speeders going 2 mph over the limit. Flying without a 333 is kinda like speeding 2mph over the limit. I wouldn't call it being a snitch if you report a murder or a theft, but if you report victimless crimes that affect no one then you are lower than dirt in my opinion.

Reactions: gruvpix and Kilrah
Well there's a difference reporting dangerous behavior that could hurt someone and then there's the assclowns reporting speeders going 2 mph over the limit. Flying without a 333 is kinda like speeding 2mph over the limit. I wouldn't call it being a snitch if you report a murder or a theft, but if you report victimless crimes that affect no one then you are lower than dirt in my opinion.
I dont know what you are on about but if I see someone using a drone without a license for commercial use, I will report them. Im not going to let someone who has no license compete with my business. I paid 10k for my license and they can too.

Is it victimless? I dispute that - the first victim is the person that paid to get their business up and running legally and legitimately, and the assclown doing it without an exemption is undercutting and stealing work from someone that worked hard to get that work legally. The unlicenced flier is stealing work/income from that person and their family. That is a scummy act however you look at it.

Secondly, the soon to be victim when the illegal assclown crashes - the spectator that was knocked out is a perfect example - that pilot is damned lucky she didn't fall to the concrete and hit her head on the pavement, and end up with brain damage, or permanent, or major injuries; she could never have gotten proper compensation from an uninsured assclown flying without an exemption. Those will be the next victims in this "victimless crime"
Personally, I don't see this as victimless, and I don't see it as 2km over the limit. 2km over the limit isn't wreckless, but flying uninsured and unlicensed sure is. It's not if, but when one of these idiots will injure someone or damage someone's property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: IrishSights
this post makes me laugh .....so basically what all you guys are saying is ...it comes down to the money you paid not whats right or wrong !!!! if it was free to get your license and you seen someone working without it would you still repot them (probably not) lets get real here and stop lying to ourselves its not about 1.safety 2. someone getting killed ect..... its all about the money

well this is my thought if your talent is better than the un-licensed guys then you should have no problem securing jobs over them!!!
2. i believe if someone is doing wrong eventually it will catch up with them without any help from john c public
3. if its so heroic and loyal takes integrity to stand up and report people why don't you come home from work and put a bat man suit on and help as many people you can nightly??
theres nothing heroic about picking up a phone and telling on someone (unless someone needs help or someone is victimizing another human being)
JYM2Co_O
HAPPY FLYING (thats what its all about anyway:p:p)

Attachments

• rat.jpg
    rat.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
Good grief... I'm genuinely shocked..

It's like saying - Ahhhh don't bother getting a driving license... I'm sure you're ok... If they only want to get from a to b, then give them a break...

No no no - a 1000 times no....

Don't be a cowboy, pushing up insurance costs for the legit flyers.

If you are a great pilot without a licence, it is lazy to not get it... You won't have insurance either so it is downright irresponsible.

I can't afford to get a helicopter pilots licence.... That does NOT justify me heading out in a Chinook saying I pose no risk...

Report drone Cowboys... The are the scourge of the industry.

Drone Cowboys are those who take money for flights whilst unlicensed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DennisR
this post makes me laugh .....so basically what all you guys are saying is ...it comes down to the money you paid not whats right or wrong !!!! if it was free to get your license and you seen someone working without it would you still repot them (probably not) lets get real here and stop lying to ourselves its not about 1.safety 2. someone getting killed ect..... its all about the money

well this is my thought if your talent is better than the un-licensed guys then you should have no problem securing jobs over them!!!
2. i believe if someone is doing wrong eventually it will catch up with them without any help from john c public
3. if its so heroic and loyal takes integrity to stand up and report people why don't you come home from work and put a bat man suit on and help as many people you can nightly??
theres nothing heroic about picking up a phone and telling on someone (unless someone needs help or someone is victimizing another human being)
JYM2Co_O
HAPPY FLYING (thats what its all about anyway:p:p)
This is the reason I will dob anyone in. You have no brains at all and need to have some respect for the industry. The reason you dont have respect is because you think anyone should be able to fly a 3 kilo plus weight over a city or group of people for free and not have a problem if it comes down. I wish i was around where you live. I would have you in to the authorities before you could land. You won't get away with it. Your flight is on GPS. People like you make me laugh. you go on how its all about money but thats all it is to you. You can spend money and get a license like us Pros do but you are so mean and miserable you won't spend the money. You are right in one thing. Fools never prosper. Its not about talent either. Maybe you have the talent to fly well but most dont and a license ensures people know the rules and have the training.

Reactions: timax
Good grief... I'm genuinely shocked..

It's like saying - Ahhhh don't bother getting a driving license... I'm sure you're ok... If they only want to get from a to b, then give them a break...

No no no - a 1000 times no....

Don't be a cowboy, pushing up insurance costs for the legit flyers.

If you are a great pilot without a licence, it is lazy to not get it... You won't have insurance either so it is downright irresponsible.

I can't afford to get a helicopter pilots licence.... That does NOT justify me heading out in a Chinook saying I pose no risk...

Report drone Cowboys... The are the scourge of the industry.

Drone Cowboys are those who take money for flights whilst unlicensed.

Great reply to the idiots like this chap. I wonder how he would feel if someone walked in to his workplace and offered to do his job for free. We could say, all he thinks of is the money. Idiots like him forget that we have paid 10k for a license on top of the 8k for the drone. I do this for a living.

Reactions: timax
Your idea of character differs to mine. To me the person with character, is the one with the integrity to stand up and report wrong wherever it occurs. As the saying goes, "The only thing needed for evil to prosper, is for good people to do nothing"
The idea of a "snitch" is a stereotype promoted by those with a lot to gain from dissuading the reporting of illegal activities.
It takes true honour and integrity and character to stand against wrong, it takes cowardice to turn a blind eye.
Deserves more than a 'like'. Well said.

how about this .... mind your business and let other people do what they want to do I'm sure they are grown men/women and they know the risks for doing what they are doing and unless you actually see them put someones life or property in harms way why get involved in tier business ?? because they are getting jobs and your not? lmmfao...1.go and put hard work in and get your own jobs!!!
2.maybe they are getting more jobs because they are better pilots/photographers and that makes you jealous ??
3. just live your life and worry about what goes on in your life why would you want to make problems for someone else?? it could be possibly be that they are using that extra monies to support their family why would you tale that away from the (especially this time of year)

4. what if they found out it was you and decided to do some kind of harm to you or your property(do you need that in your life) ...(and i don't care how tough you are or how you can take stitches unless your superman stay out of it and LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE DONT WORRY ABOUT HOW OTHERS LIVE THIERS!!

that is my 2 cents you can take it as knowledge.. were i grew up a tattle tale is the lowest form on eartho_O;);)
This whole debate IS about minding my own business. Protecting it.

Reactions: Ezookiel
Good job, get the attorneys involved! The FAA has over reached on this issue,,fly baby fly. Just follow the general rule4s and make gazillions

No not quite. NO commercial usage, charging, dangerous flying, just a safe sensible way to practice UNTIL we get approved. Staying within FAA rules and working with them and an Aviation firm to keep us from having jealous/over zealous :) ones poking at us. Thanks kevin

If you live in the usa and paid 10k for a license to commercially fly a uav then you are a complete moron. There is no legally enforceable law regarding commercial uav flight in the usa at this time and when they do finalize and release the law it **** sure won't cost anywhere close to 10k to get one, guaranteed, lol!

And besides having a pilots license makes you no less likely to crash a uav into spectators than someone without one, so your point is completely invalid.

Reactions: Tj_
If you live in the usa and paid 10k for a license to commercially fly a uav then you are a complete moron. There is no legally enforceable law regarding commercial uav flight in the usa at this time and when they do finalize and release the law it **** sure won't cost anywhere close to 10k to get one, guaranteed, lol!

And besides having a pilots license makes you no less likely to crash a uav into spectators than someone without one, so your point is completely invalid.

One of those so called irrelevant 'we don't all live in the US' posts. Denis is in Australia, which you would know if you read the thread.

So... bottom line... some think reporting is ok and some do not :) Can't help yawning now...

Great thing is those with licenses can report those without... But not the other way round....
Anyone who thinks they can fly without a license and make money is a reckless idiot, and no different to a driver who hasn't passed their test and has no insurance...
What's the penalty for that then?

It is all about the money for me. I'll openly admit that. The guy operating illegally can price himself lower than I can. That's an unfair advantage. You realize not everyone flys for video right? Setting up an automated flight for topographical surveys and running the images through Pix4D don't require any "talent." I'm not worried about some college kid picking off some real estate videos for beer money. I'm talking about engineering firms that are stealing jobs that are thousands of dollars.

Anyone who thinks they can fly without a license and make money is a reckless idiot, and no different to a driver who hasn't passed their test and has no insurance...
What's the penalty for that then?

Gotta love arrogance. But I understand to a degree if in fact you had to pay $10,000.
Is that a government fee? If so, your government ripped you off badly and you should not stand for it.

No - I'm in UK - my investment was £4000 plus £1500 insurance... Near enough...
The pilots course is about £2500 then there's the air worthiness certificates for each drone. The actual permit for commercial work is only £200 or so - but getting to the point of getting that costs.

I would also say that the adjective "arrogance" is perhaps more attributable to those who can't be bothered to go through the process and justify it by just shrugging their shoulders...

You cannot get proper insurance without a certificate... And flying without insurance (I'm not talking hobby level insurance) is highly reckless.

The guy operating illegally can price himself lower than I can. That's an unfair advantage.

Are you saying that because you paid a handful of thousands of dollars and your competitor did not, he can undercut your price? Are you speaking from first hand knowledge?
At the level you seem to be talking about, that doesn't sound like a very plausible reason to be able to undercut competition by such a huge amount.
I don't want to tell anyone how to run their own business but perhaps some are simply charging too much?

If you use an UAV for making money, I think you need to get ready for lots, and I mean lots of competition within the next few years.

Are you saying that because you paid a handful of thousands of dollars and your competitor did not, he can undercut your price? Are you speaking from first hand knowledge?
At the level you seem to be talking about, that doesn't sound like a very plausible reason to be able to undercut competition by such a huge amount.
I don't want to tell anyone how to run their own business but perhaps some are simply charging too much?

If you use an UAV for making money, I think you need to get ready for lots, and I mean lots of competition within the next few years.

How much do you think it costs to get a pilots license?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont