Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Return to home button

Reaction score
Hi all, firstly must say this is a great forum guys, keep up the fantastic job you are doing.
My question is to do with the functionality of the RTH or Return To Home button on the Inspire1.
My flight test is just around the corner and I have been practicing hard and decided to try out the RTH functions to practice them. I was a tad concerned with the results as on pressing the button the AC just landing exactly where it was instead of returning to its take off pad where I calibrated it. I can see you can set the RTH location in the app (using iOS) to either the remote control location or the aircraft location but I cannot understand why it did not return to its takeoff location. I set the fail safe altitude to 20meters also and the aircraft didn't even climb it just promptly landed "hard"where it was from about 10meters high. I tried it several times but same result again and again!
Any help and steers on this appreciated as I'm worried now incase I need to use it for real ???????

Last edited:
Hi all, firstly must say this is a great forum guys, keep up the fantastic job you are doing.
My question is to do with the functionality of the RTH or Return To Home button on the Inspire1.
My flight test is just around the corner and I have practicing hard and decided to try out the RTH functions to practice them. I was a tad concerned with the results as on pressing the button the AC just landing exactly where it was instead of returning to its take off pad where I calibrated it. I can see you can set the RTH location in the app (using iOS) to either the remote control location or the aircraft location but I cannot understand why it did not return to its takeoff location. I set the fail safe altitude to 20meters also and the aircraft didn't even climb it just promptly landed "hard"where it was from about 10meters high. I tried it several times but same result again and again!
Any help and steers on this appreciated as I'm worried now invade I need to use it for real ???????
The RTH logic is not as easy or logical as one would assume. If the I1 is within 20m of the Home Point it will land at its current position. Only if it over 20m away horizontally will the logic you describe operate. Climb to the safe height and return to the Home Point.

Last edited:
The RTH logic is not as easy or logical as one would assume. If the I1 is within 20m of the Home Point it will land at its current position. Only if it over 20m away horizontally will the logic you describe operate. Climb to the safe height and return to the Home Point.
What about the RTH altitude? I had a case where I was at my defined ceiling altitude 390 ft and pressed the RTH. AC immediately climbed and I canceled RTH after it reached 830 ft. Hit RTH a second time and she came down and back. I pressed the 1st RTH from the RC and the second from the app. I had a failsafe of 300 ft to clear some 200 ft chimneys. If I set the RTH to 0 does it hold the current altitude and head home? Freaked me out she went beyond my set ceiling.

What about the RTH altitude? I had a case where I was at my defined ceiling altitude 390 ft and pressed the RTH. AC immediately climbed and I canceled RTH after it reached 830 ft. Hit RTH a second time and she came down and back. I pressed the 1st RTH from the RC and the second from the app. I had a failsafe of 300 ft to clear some 200 ft chimneys. If I set the RTH to 0 does it hold the current altitude and head home? Freaked me out she went beyond my set ceiling.
I have not heard or seen what you describe. If your I1 is at or above your RTH Set height (default 20m/60ft) it should not climb but return at its current altitude. I have tested this at my maximum ceiling 120m/400ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74