Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Returning to DJi Europe

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by UAV Man, Sep 19, 2015.

1. UAV Man

Can some one shed some light on the parts required for return after a crash! I have a broken carbon fibre arm and damaged from landing foot maybe motor.

The guys at DJi said return everything including two remotes and four batteries!! Serious price implications ie. Transit Insurance! Is this really the case?

What's the word?!?

I've been quoted 30.00 by iPost for up to 1k insurance or 125.00 UPS up to 1.6k full kit would be 2.5k somewhere in the region of 200.00 UPS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. IrishSights

Ask them for a prepaid label. Happens in the US I've heard so maybe Europe too?

3. UAV Man

I'll drop them an email and see if they do a 'pre-paid' option. The other issue is the shipping of batteries in this situation!!.... Never simple :(

4. Buck Ames

In US DJI handled everything ... shipping to - from. They wanted my damaged I1, RC, Camera ... but no batteries. Result after 6 weeks on the nose was a complete new I1, RC, camera and case ... not my I1 repaired but a new one. Nice!!
    Just received my "repaired" I1. DJI paid shipping both ways. Specified that I send only broken I1, RC & camera ... no battery. Took six weeks and they notified me that they were sending a new I1 ... and they did. New everything including I1, RC, case ... and I'm sure it included a new camera. No charge. Damage was a broken right-side carbon fiber arm.

5. UAV Man

Let's hope the European guys follow suite, I'm going to ship without batteries. UK has a few issues with shipping Lipos!

6. Mohan

Heliguy in the UK is a authorised repair centre - give them a shout. not far from west sussex. Could drive there...

7. UAV Man

Haha yeah right just the 5hr

8. Mohan

5 hr not really bad if they can fix it while you wait on the day. I once drove to brussels to get my turbine fixed on my Scale RC heli when the compressor got damaged by a Foreign object. 11 hours each way from cardiff.. obsession.. :)

9. UAV Man

I know about Heliguy was going to pop in last week while passing actually but then got advised they don't do the Inspire model. To be fair weather is she!t and I'm busy so a few weeks (months) be okay. Pisser is I just received two extra Lipos heavy duty from china and bumpers for indoor work... :(

10. gray52

Heliguy customer service was a joke when I had a phantom problem. They said as its been flown, no warranty! WTF. so will never buy from them clowns again.

11. UAV Man

Update 'UK Mail' £11.99 2 day, despatched Monday confirmed they have the poorly bird this morning. Now warn the bank manager

12. Scotflieger

How do you access UK Mail and does that cost cover insurance?

13. UAV Man

Scotflieger likes this.
  14. gray52

I would insist your dealer picks it up and they handle the process from there.

15. UAV Man

My dealer is in New York so a little easier for me to handle in this situation. Just hope they don't drag their feet. I've already missed a great trip in Scotland. Want to get some footage in for a little project.