Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

REVIEW: Smart Power Charger DJI Inspire 1 SPC4500

I totally agree with you!

So i have been holding my breath about charging times, but now you opened the cork :),
I have been using nicad, gel, lipos, etc, for a long time and seen many batteries fail and some that lived longer then expected, I am old so don't kill the messenger but its my experience that charging lipos at a slower rate controlled with a good source of power has been what i have found to be best for longevity until recently the SMART BATTERY who know why? but i can say you can throw over wattage at a lipo and all you will get is hot battery with a shorten life. Now that i have said that you have to know i am no engineer but this is what i have experienced through the years of use of different batteries. The Inspire Battery has a logic board the controls the charge so it can balance the cells this process is not done under high wattage but on the contrary its actually using very little wattage as it peaks the cells evenly i have no statistical information to share but this is what i have learned from information shared in many forums.

Very well said! I am PERFECTLY content with the charging times I am getting. This charger simply works. It has proven itself to me over and over again. I trust the guys who designed and developed it. It had built in circuitry to protect my batteries and so far as I can tell, it does just that.

Happy customer here! Price is fair for what it provide me. Couldn't be happier [emoji3]

Very well said! I am PERFECTLY content with the charging times I am getting. This charger simply works. It has proven itself to me over and over again. I trust the guys who designed and developed it. It had built in circuitry to protect my batteries and so far as I can tell, it does just that.

Happy customer here! Price is fair for what it provide me. Couldn't be happier [emoji3]

+1 I totally agree

Off Topic for a moment.

Does Carlsberg actually own an Inspire? Has anyone seen some of his aerial work?

Just wondering.

I personally cant answer that question, You would hope to think so, I see he has be active since he joined this forum.

Last edited:
By the time the charge level gets to 90% - the batt's internal IC takes over the final cell balancing and charge speed is the same regardless whether you are on 100W or 180W.

RTB: If I fly battery down to 30%, later on decide to charge to storage level 50-60% which is approx 3 green LEDs and disconnect DJI charger is this okay? Cell balancing is done through out charge correct not at very end?

RTB: If I fly battery down to 30%, later on decide to charge to storage level 50-60% which is approx 3 green LEDs and disconnect DJI charger is this okay? Cell balancing is done through out charge correct not at very end?

I can say its my knowledge cell balancing is done during the final part of the charge, its like toping off the batteries so they are all the same level.

i just got a new battery and it was at 13%... so charge at storage for sale is a depleted battery... would be storing them at that rate not be better?

Oh wow didn't know that so it charges quickly then balances at very end so I should charge to 100% then drain to 50-60% for storage.

i just got a new battery and it was at 13%... so charge at storage for sale is a depleted battery... would be storing them at that rate not be better?

This just telling me that the discharge rate at the time you received it was at that level due to the time frame from when it was charged, all my 9 Batteries came from my Dealer at 50% charge left.

Last edited:
Oh wow didn't know that so it charges quickly then balances at very end so I should charge to 100% then drain to 50-60% for storage.

I do this exactly but I have 9 Batteries I run them down to 40%-50% for storage since I never know when I am able to fly again ( Family and Kids) And i Deep Cycle the Batteries every 20 Charge cycles, Just to be clear this is just the way I do I know other people run there batteries down and charge then back to whatever they want to store their batteries at.

Last edited:
Reactions: dv8ed
Does Carlsberg actually own an Inspire? Has anyone seen some of his aerial work?
Just wondering.

No, I'm just here to piss you off - :)
why would I want a bug infested 4k quad anyways
(by the way, after hundreds of flights, I just had my first flyaway, maybe I'll start a thread)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44