Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Roll balance & Gimbal Cal's

Discussion in 'Zenmuse X5R' started by Joe Lawry, May 4, 2016.

1. Joe Lawry

So, new X5r, stock 15mm, and roll balance is out by quite a bit towards the camera left (away from the tilt motor)

Ive also noticed i need to do a gimbal calibration every 3-4th flight, not something i experienced as much with the old x3. This might be an x5 thing i havent experienced yet..?

I havent had too many issues with horizon/roll being off while in the air, when I have noticed it, ive done a gimbal cal which fixes it straight away.

While flying yesterday in follow mode I yaw'd extremely fast to repo and the gimbal freaked out and roll went right out. It did fix itself however about 3-5 seconds..

So im wonder if anyone else has experienced any of these issues with the x5r? I can easily enough balance out the gimbal but id rather get it replaced by DJI if there is a major issue.

Cheers

2. Philipp Braun

hey joe,

i just got an inspire raw and i noticed the same major roll disbalance. how did you solve this problem? i really dont feel like to "repair" a major $$$ gimbal buy sticking coins to it. dji is supposed to deliver well balanced gimbals in my opinion!

3. Joe Lawry

Coins and tape are your friends im sorry to say.

4. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

But DJI have no idea what lens you will put on your X5(R) so it can't possibly pre balance in all seceanrios.
    Even high end gimbal carrying Arri's or F55's need to be manually balanced first using sliding mounts before hoisting them skyward.
    If the rig then lands and a different lens is put on the whole balance sequence has to be done again.
    That's just the way gimbals work.