Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Royalty-free music

Discussion in 'Photos and Videos' started by Roastie, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Roastie

Hi folks,

Who knows the best place to find royalty free, or otherwise legal-to-use music for accompanying our videos?
    Perhaps there is something out there that can help you to easily make some music... How do you guys do this legally?

I'm pretty sure Hans Zimmer is going to start to notice the number of drone videos featuring Time pretty soon...

AlexanderAF likes this.
  2. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

Hi there, I get all my music from 2 sites.
    #1: Premiumbeat.com : great selection of music. Each song is segmented into loops so you can mix and create your own customised song. Pricing for a whole song with loops is around $60. This includes the full songs, the short versions as well as the loops.

#2: Audionetwork.com: very diverse choice of music and extremely reasonable pricing for single usage on YouTube or Vimeo. About $2/song which is ridiculously cheap for royalty free music. No loops here, only full songs, but pricing is hard to beat.

Below are 2 videos I produced using music from each site. The first two are from www.premiumbeat.com and is a mix I did from loops. Those who have watched the Inspire 1 promotional video will recognise the music, but due to loops, it is a bit different from the DJI website.
    The third is with music taken from www.audionetwork.com
    No mixes here, just copy and paste in the video editing software.

Here are the videos.

3. AlexanderAF

This is great, thanks!

4. Roastie

Thanks very much for that. Great resources, both of them.

Good videos too :)

5. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

My pleasure. Have fun mixing your tunes ;-)

6. Wiski23

Just use any song then Google how to use copywrited songs on YouTube. It's very easy, I use it on all my videos.

7. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

I would not recommend this, even though most people use unauthorised music on their videos. It certainly is a cheaper method, but I tend to enjoy searching for music through official channels and purchasing what I need. Not that I want to spark a debate on whether using unauthorised music is good or bad, but at $2 a song through authorised channels like www.audionetwork.com, it's hard to justify not going the legit way. We all spent $3000 on the Inspire, so investing a few dollars more on musical content for videos should not bankrupt anyone, while at the same time supporting the artistic community.

8. Adam

9. Wiski23

Well the music i use i have purchased through itunes so i dont feel anything is wrong with using it on a video i make since i now own that song? Rip away!

10. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

Purchasing music on iTunes or buying a CD in a store for personal use is apparently very different from using that music for publishing purposes. That's why YouTube and Facebook now scan all videos for copyrighted material and block some users from publishing on their website. I did that a few years back as well and was blocked from posting videos for 6 months on Facebook because I used the theme song to Pirates of the Caribbean on one of my videos. The risk is minimal I agree, but it's still there. Anyhow, I was providing references for the original member who posted this thread. In the end, people do what they want. Cheers.

11. RJ Evans

I just write it and perform it myself. But, I'm a retired professional musician. There are plenty of royalty free options. Creative Commons is a good place to search.

#11 RJ Evans, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  12. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

Cool. Are you distributing your pieces on some websites? Would love to listen to a few and potentially purchase if they fit my projects. Cheers

13. RJ Evans

I write and record the pieces per project. I've been too busy with the new buiz to do anything since this...

14. Luca Dubielzig

Whats the last deleted song called on the Website ?

15. Aerial Entertainment Studios

Approved Vendor

I don't remember which video I put here. Sorry.

16. jerseycat