Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rubber dampers on feet?

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

The inspire drifts a lot when landing especially on uneven surfaces, is it ok to put rubber strips on the fit for added stability on landings?

Thanks!
JC

Yes you can put rubber strips on the bottom but you will have to be careful of one thing in my opinion, If you are drifting when landing the rubber strips could grab the surface and the lateral drift motion could cause the Inspire to tip up on its side or even flip over depending on how quick the lateral drift is. For me the best way to handle drifting which happens because of prop wash and wind is from about 3 or 4 feet I quickly descend until I get about 6 to 12 inches from the ground and them use the throttle stick to slow to a safe landing speed. Im not trying to say you don't already know this at all. I just wanted to mention it just in case. It really does help me as I use to have the same issue. Happy Flying!!!

Hello Guys...

The inspire drifts a lot when landing especially on uneven surfaces, is it ok to put rubber strips on the fit for added stability on landings?

Thanks!
JC
As Raplh mentions above but also be mindful of more grip on the legs means more stress on the retract servo when going into/out of travel mode.
Also, I'm not sure why you are finding the Inspire drifting when coming into land. I find it incredibly stable even when in its own wash.
Have you inadvertently disabled the VPS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds