Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rumor: DJI and Black Magic are working on a camera for the Inspire

For one, I'm pretty excited about the X5. I think the X5R might be a bridge too far for myself, personally, but I can see the allure of an integrated system that shoots RAW 4K for that kind of price. That's really quite a breakthrough, actually, as most 4K cameras of a size even conceivably compatible with a system as small as the Inspire 1 don't do RAW internally.

The X5 is everything I had hoped for, with one exception: the MicroSD card slot, which is presumably the reason that the video is limited to 60 megabits/second. The GH4 does 100 megabits/second to SDXC cards. The MicroSD standard is designed to support up to 104 megabites/second, but there are no current cards that can do that.

Other than that, this is exactly the camera that I had hoped for: MFT sensor, interchangeable lenses, complete manual control from the DJI app, and flies on my Inspire.

I think the X5R might be a bit much for me, too.

I have a MicroSD that while rated as UHS-I is just as fast as a full-size UHS-3. Shouldn't be the problem.

You may or may not have a MicroSD card that can keep up with 100 megabits/second writing. But in general, MicroSD cards aren't fast enough to handle that speed. My guess is that DJI selected the 60 megabits/second data rate to avoid problems at the higher rates.

You may or may not have a MicroSD card that can keep up with 100 megabits/second writing. But in general, MicroSD cards aren't fast enough to handle that speed. My guess is that DJI selected the 60 megabits/second data rate to avoid problems at the higher rates.
Nothing stopping them from having an SDXC slot. The BMPCC records to SDXC cards and copes with over 180Mbps recording in ProresHQ. You can even record Raw video on the best cards. So DJI could well have made the X5 record at a much higher bitrate, but just use SDXC cards instead.

Agreed; they should have used an SDXC card slot. Choosing MicroSD appears to me to be the biggest blunder on the X5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont