Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Russian Man Takes Out Flying Drone with a Spear at History Festival

I'm not sure on how formally the drone pilot was involved in this because if he was and the crew were properly briefed there should be no reason for someone to throw anything at the drone. If the drone pilot did not have permission then he got what he deserved.

But, so many folks think it's OK to down a drone and car not about the cost to the owner, a cost that could be many thousands of dollars.

So, I have not idea if he was supposed to be there but if he was not permitted he has nothing to complain about even though the idea of taking down the drone is bad given the risk that it could fall on someone or the spear could hit someone.

Brian

It's a public event and there are probably other people with cameras around. In a way, that Phantom(?) is no different than someone running around with a video or still camera. I'm pretty sure Conan there wouldn't have speared the camera then. But then there's the safety issue with crowds. It didn't look like safety was an issue until both drone and spear are coming down. Obviously I don't have all the facts but so far, I'm with the drone operator on this one.

Reactions: GuyNamedLindsey
Pilot was flying pretty low and close to the crowds which is a no no however; that doesn't give Davy Crockett the right to chuck a spear at it. We'd be going to court for the damages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin